Connect with us
[adinserter block="2"]

Accessories

10 Exciting Official HTC 10 Accessories

Published

on

HTC 10 Rapid 3.0 Charger

HTC 10 Rapid 3.0 Charger

One of the best features of the new HTC 10 is the support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology. So what is that and why should you care? Well, QC3.0 allows the HTC 10 to recharge from 0-80% battery life in about 35 minutes. Then trickle charges the remaining 20% to preserve the life of the battery. A full recharge of the big 3,000 mAh battery takes around 70 minutes, vs 2-3 hours like older phones.

It's one of the best advancements in battery charging for smartphones, and owners will want an extra Quick Charger for other rooms of the house. Others are available for cheap on Amazon, but we'd recommend the model designed specifically for the HTC 10. It's currently out of stock, but should be back and available in time for the release date in early May. We'd highly recommend everyone get a few extras, it's worth it.

Buy it Now

Advertisement
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Bill Rice

    04/27/2016 at 11:56 am

    Why cant HTC release a Car Dock like they did for m7,m8 for this phone I spend a lot of time in my vehicle and need that charging cradle for my phone! I hate stupid universal docks, extra step involved if you want it charging. should be just plug and play.

    • Richard

      07/24/2016 at 4:58 pm

      I totally agree. The M8 cradle was very good indeed – I tried to adapt it but it was beyond my skill level!

  2. Dan Hurley

    05/15/2016 at 8:52 am

    If you want your Battery to stay factory fresh and last a very very long time. ONLY use the USB to charge it. Never plug in a fast charger.
    The USB uses 3+ volts and the Plug in uses over twice that for a fast charge at the expense of the battery’s life. You will notice that the battery does not heat up with the USB charger and the plug in one will cook the battery to a noticeable amount. That is killing the battery.

    • David Dows

      02/11/2017 at 11:01 pm

      Dan is confusing voltage with amperage. A USB port is always rated at 5V but most chargers use a lower voltage ~4V. It’s the amperage that gets cranked up to 2.4 or 3.0 by Quick Charge v2.0 or v3.0.

      It’s true that charging more quickly at a higher amperage will shorten the life of most batteries of all types. However, it appears that Qualcomm has designed intelligent circuitry into the Quick Charge specs to prevent that. I have not noticed any difference in the temperature of the battery or case when comparing the Quick Charge 3.0 with an older 1A charger.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *