Thursday Night Football is on Amazon for the third year, and if you are looking to tune into these 11 games, this is what you need to know.
While this is often watched on Amazon Prime Video, you can still watch Thursday Night Football without a Prime Subscription.
If you want to try out Amazon Prime, you can use this link to get a free 30-day trial. Students can use this link to get six months of Prime for free and half-price for four years after the trial.
Do I Need Amazon Prime to Watch Thursday Night Football?
The Amazon Prime Video presentation of Thursday Night football streaming service is limited to Prime members in the Prime Video app.
If you don’t have Prime, you can watch Thursday Night Football free on Twitch. Twitch is normally associated with video games, but it is a host to Thursday Night Football.
How to Watch Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime Video or Twitch
If you have Amazon Prime, you can download the Amazon Prime Video app to your phone, tablet or smart TV device.
Open the Prime Video App on Thursday and you will see a listing for the NFL game. Tap to open it an start watching. You can also check ou the landing page on Amazon.
For everyone else, you will need to use the Prime Video Twitch channel to watch. You don’t need Prime to watch this Thursday Night Football stream.
You can tune in on your laptop, or with the Twitch apps on iPhone, Android, Fire TV, PS4, Xbox One, Nvidia Shield or Chromecast.
Thursday Night Football Schedule
The Thursday Night Football schedule is listed below. All of these games will stream on Amazon Prime Video and Twitch and most will start at 8:20 Eastern.
|Week 4, Sept. 26||Eagles at Packers|
|Week 5, Oct. 3||Rams at Seahawks|
|Week 6, Oct. 10||Giants at Patriots|
|Week 7, Oct. 17||Chiefs at Broncos|
|Week 8, Oct. 24||Redskins at Vikings|
|Week 9, Oct. 31||49ers at Cardinals|
|Week 10, Nov. 7||Chargers at Raiders|
|Week 11, Nov. 14||Steelers at Browns|
|Week 12, Nov. 21||Colts at Texans|
|Week 14, Dec. 5||Cowboys at Bears|
|Week 15, Dec. 12||Jets at Ravens|
Some Thursday Night Football games are only on NFL Network, like the first three weeks and the game in London that is actually on a Sunday morning.
What You Need to Watch Thursday Night Football
You can easily watch Amazon Prime Video’s Thursday Night Football stream on your computer, but if you want to watch on your TV or your mobile device you will need to download an app or even buy a new smart TV device.
The Amazon Prime Video and Twitch apps are available on iPhone and Android.
You can watch Prime Video on the following devices;
- Smart TVs
- Blu-ray players
- Set-top boxes (Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- Game consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, Wii)
- Android devices (Prime Video app for Android phones and tablets)
- iOS devices (Prime Video app for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch)
- Fire phone
- Fire tablets
Twitch is available on fewer devices, so if you don’t have Prime, you may need to buy a device to be able to stream Thursday Night Football on your TV.
If you need a new device, you should consider an Amazon Fire TV device, which is affordable and can easily plug into any TV or even travel with you to a hotel.
- The most powerful 4K streaming media stick with a Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming.
- Launch and control content with the Alexa Voice Remote. Watch favorites from Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Apple TV, HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, and more, plus stream for free with Tubi, IMDb TV, and others.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+. Experience immersive sound with Dolby Atmos on select Prime Video titles.
- Fire TV Stick devices have more storage for apps and games than any other streaming media stick.
- Experience tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, plus millions of websites like Facebook and Reddit.
Thursday Night Football Streaming Options
When you tune into Thursday Night Football on Twitch or on Amazon Prime Video, you can watch either the Fox stream with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman or you can choose the Amazon commentary team.
Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer are exclusively on Prime Video with commentary of the game, analysis and play by play reporting.
- Quantum color: delivers up to 80% more Color than standard 4K TVs
- Ultra bright 600: delivers detailed highlights at up to 600 nits of brightness
- 90 local dimming zones: allows for deep black levels with stunning depth and contrast
- Dolby Vision HDR: Capable of displaying a wider spectrum of colors &detail. Includes HDR10 and HLG content support
- 4K Ultra HD: 4 times the Resolution of 1080p with over 8 million pixels
Last update on 2019-10-28. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out to some devices and new info starting to emerge, we want...
3 Reasons to Wait for the 2020 iMac, 5 Reasons Not To
Should you buy the iMac today, or should you wait for the 2020 iMac before you buy? The iMac is...