In the March Clash Royale update the developers added a brand new game mode called Clan Battles. Essentially a 2v2 mode where four players can battle at the same time. It’s incredibly fun and extremely addicting. Now that the feature is back, below we’ve gathered up some of the best Clan Battle decks, tips and information.
To celebrate the one year anniversary of Clash Royale the March update was huge. We received a new Arena and league system, four new cards and of course Clan Battles. If your clan struggled the first time around, use our tips below to win more battles.
From what we’re hearing Clan Battles will be available in Clash Royale every two weeks, and could eventually become a permanent feature. For now though, gamers can just enjoy it every other week when the special event kicks off. Below we have information on the chest rewards, tips, and some crazy Clan Battle decks worth trying.
For starters, the rewards from participating in the Clan Battle game mode have been changed. The first time around almost everyone fully completed the challenge, often in the first day. Simply because this new game mode is so exciting.
As a result, Supercell changed the entire reward system. What you get for winning stays the same, but now it takes 275 wins to complete the challenge 100% with 10/10 chests. That said, lets talk about some tips to win and show you the best decks.
Clash Royale Clan Battle Tips & Strategy
As you probably know, Clan Battles are insane. There is double the elixir and troops, because two people are playing on each side. As a result we’re seeing people try to win too fast, and put themselves in a poor position for the rest of the battle.
Use a little strategy, think about what you’re doing, and watch your clan-mate as the game progresses. Using a strategy to build both decks will help you win more battles.
- Communication is Key: This should go without saying, but communication is important. Talk about a plan before hitting battle, or use emotes like the thumbs up to signal certain attacks or when you’re ready to deploy.
- Drag & Drop: Next, use the drag and drop method for troop deployment, instead of tapping. This way your clan mate can see what you’re doing, and plan accordingly. An indicator shows what your clan mate is doing and where.
- Don’t overextend: It may feel like you have tons of Elixir, but it’s actually slower than regular battles. There’s just more happening on the screen. Attack both lanes at the same time, and don’t overextend on any single push. Well, unless the time is almost up.
- Defense Wins Battles: Most people overextend, which can play in your favor. Sit back and play strong defense, then turn it into a counter-push while the enemy is low on elixir. It works better than ever in Clan Battles.
- Furnace & Spawners: Keep constant pressure on the enemy with spawners like the Furnace (also does splash damage). Or even the Goblin Hut and Tombstone. We won a lot more when using a spawner or two.
- Bring a Miner: One of you should bring a Miner to war. Use it to take out Elixir collectors or the Princess to keep the battle in your favor.
- Double Elixir: Take your time and stay calm, even if you lose a tower. At double elixir Clan Battles get crazy and a big push can take down a tower with ease.
- Tank Units: Fast bait decks are popular, but not in Clan Battles. Same goes for the Hog. It’s too hard to get to the tower with two people defending. Instead use Golem, Graveyard, Bowlers, Royal Giant or even Elite Barbs to win more battles.
Of course it all comes down to how well you play, communicate, and if you have good defense. Although a solid offense simply can’t be stopped, and you’ll win no matter what.
Best Clan Battle Decks
One of the best aspects of Clash Royale is the variety available. With over 70 different troops or spells in the game, there’s no wrong way to play. That being said, some decks or troops simply work better than others. Especially in Clan Battles. A prime example is Sparky. One can get lucky using it, but with two players on the other side of the Arena most likely it will be very easy to stop.
Of course some decks will work better than others depending on who you play, and their counters, but some just generally work great. My main deck happens to be a Lava Hound Balloon deck, with a clone spell. My clan mate has arrows and freeze, which has delivered countless 3-crown wins. Or should I say 4-crown wins.
In Clan Battles almost everyone I’ve faced plans their strategy around winning with offense, and most don’t have a defense. If so, it’s a cannon or Tombstone, which simply isn’t enough to stop a Lava-loon attack. Add in freeze, and it’s game over.
Play good defense and try to get chip damage and wait for double Elixir. Depending on the flow of the battle you can try a Lava Hound in the back corner, and drop a balloon at the bridge. Thankfully there’s a second player ready in case the opponent pushed the other lane. Most of the time we hide the balloon freeze until double elixir to catch the enemy off-guard.
Shown above is one our most successful Clan Battle decks. I’d also recommend two extremely cheap decks with the two main cards being Elite Barbarians and Inferno Tower. Often dropping four Elite barbs and following them with a log is an instant 1-crown win.
Quad Goblin Barrel with Clone
Mortar and X-bows are ultimate troll decks, but in Clan Battles the Quad Goblin barrel could be the best yet. This is extremely easy to counter and hard to pull off, but when done right it’s an instant 3-crown victory.
Most of the deck doesn’t matter. Just make sure both you and your clan mate have the Goblin Barrel, Mirror and one of you has a clone spell. At 10 elixir (or double) throw four barrels, clone them, and watch the Crown Tower crumble. You don’t even have to try for the other two towers. A freeze isn’t needed either and is outweighed by the risks of the enemy having arrows or the Log. A Zap won’t kill the goblins, especially the higher level cloned goblins. It’s extremely deadly.
I’ll say it once more. This strategy is extremely easy to counter. However, if they don’t have the right card in rotation or no quick way to stop the goblins, you will almost instantly win the battle. Bring a Rocket just in case, as most of our quad barrel attacks got the opponent down to around 800 health. A rocket or two and it’s game over.
Powerful Decks for Clan Battle
Last but not least, and what many should already know, is to bring strong and powerful decks. With Clan Battles there are twice as many troops and double the elixir, so certain cards just don’t do well. Zap bait decks, cheap units, or even the hog rider all struggle. They are too easy to stop.
Instead, bring a Royal Giant or even the Bowler and Graveyard. Any troop with a lot of health or hard to deal with are a big help in Clan Battles.
I won a lot using something similar to what’s above, with a few minor adjustments to match my clan mates deck too.
Alternatively, any beatdown Golem deck will be hard to stop. Again, because most players aren’t bringing a strong defense to Clan Battles. Use a Golem, Baby Dragon, 3-Minions or the Mega Minion and a Lightning. Those four cards alone can win almost every battle.
At the end of the day anything is possible with Clan Battles, and there are far too many excellent decks to share them all here. We would recommend testing out different things, working together and use some sort of communication. If you get absolutely crushed by a deck, copy it and make some adjustments and try it yourself.
It’s all about trial and error, or luck, so have fun with Clan Battles. This is by far the most fun I’ve had playing Clash Royale over the past year, and I bet it will be for you too. Give our decks a try, especially the Quad Barrel, and enjoy.