The Forza Horizon 4 release date is October 2nd. This is what you need to know about the Forza Horizon 4 car list, location, how the setting will change each week and other key details.
We’ll walk through the latests Forza Horizon 4 trailer and gameplay videos, tell you what we know about the Forza Horizon 4 map and the super-duper Forza Horizon 4 ultimate edition as you look at this major exclusive.
Forza Horizon 4 Release Date
The Forza Horizon 4 release date is October 2nd for the Xbox One and PC. This is the same for the standard and deluxe edition. If you upgrade to the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition you get to play early with a release date on September 28th.
Forza Horizon 4 Car List
There is no official Forza Horizon 4 car list, but we do know about some of the vehicles in the game thanks to the trailer and the gameplay footage.
Microsoft confirmed that there are over 450 Forza Horizon 4 cars from more than 100 manufacturers. Thanks to the intrepid fans on the Forza Motorsport Forums we know many of the cars already from the list. Here’s a look at what we’ve picked out and what the community has discovered.
- 2017 Acura NSX
- 2015 Alumi Craft Class 10 Race Car
- 2016 Ariel Nomad
- 2017 Aston Martin DB11 (Pre-order Edition bonus from GamesStop)
- 2017 Aston Martin DB11
- 2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5
- 1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport quattro S1
- 1962 Austin FX4 Taxi cab – NEW
- 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII (previously FM4)
- 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MkI (previously FM4)
- 1931 Bentley 4 1/2? (8-Litre previously Autovista-only in FM4) NEW
- 2016 BMW M2 Coupe
- 2012 Bowler EXR S
- 2018 Bugatti Chiron
- 2016 Dodge Viper ACR
- 2012 Eagle (U.K.) Speedster (previously FH1)
- 2014 Ferrari FXX K
- 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
- 1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione
- 201? Ford #14 Fiesta ST rally
- 2016 Ford Gymkhana 9 Focus RS RX
- 2014 Ford #11 Rockstar F-150 Trophy Truck
- 1977 Ford Escort RS1800
- 1973 Ford Escort RS1600
- 2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck
- 1992 Hoonigan Mazda RX-7 Twerkstallion
- 1991 Hoonigan Rauh-Welt Begriff Porsche 911 Turbo
- 1970 International Scout 800A
- 2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe
- 1993 Jaguar XJ220
- 1961 Jaguar E-type
- 2016 Jeep Trailcat
- 2016 Koenigsegg Regera
- 2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4
- 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
- 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
- 1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
- 1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.6 HF
- 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR
- 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
- 197? Land Rover Range Rover
- 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter
- 2002 Lotus Esprit V8
- 2019 McLaren Senna NEW
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
- 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
- 1986 MG Metro 6R4
- 1966 MG MGB GT (previously FM4)
- 1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
- 1965 MINI Cooper S
- 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
- 2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
- 1952 Morris Minor Series II NEW
- 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R [S15]
- 2016 Pagani Huayra BC
- 2012 Pagani Huayra
- 2011 Penhall The Cholla
- 2015 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
- 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (Pre-Order Edition bonus from Amazon U.S.)
- 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
- 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
- 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 
- 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
- 2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
- 1973 Renault Alpine A110 1600s
- 2016 RJ Anderson #37 Polaris RZR-Rockstar Energy Pro 2 Truck
- 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
- 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15R Rally Car
- 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser Arctic Trucks AT37
- 2007 Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38
- 1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck
- 1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12
- 2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR
- 2017 Volkswagen Beetle GRC
- ???? Volkswagen #551 Class 5 Baja Bug
- 2014 Volkswagen Global Rallycross Beetle
- 1970 Volkswagen #1107 Desert Dingo Racing Stock Bug
Some of these cars may come as part of Day One DLC. We expect to learn more about the cars over the coming months.
We saw a Hovercraft in the trailer, but that’s definitely a boss that you need to take on. Other vehicles you don’t likely get to drive include tractors and snowplows as well as some of the traffic.
Motorcycles appear throughout Forza Horizon 4 trailers and gameplay, but there is no indication yet that you get to drive them.
Forza Horizon 4 Pre-Order Details
You can place your Forza Horizon 4 pre-order now through most gaming retailers or through the Xbox.
There are three editions of Forza Horizon 4, starting at $59.99 and going up to $99.99.
You can also skip the pre-order and play Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox Game Pass. GamePass is $9.99 a month and includes Forza Horizon 4 and many other Microsoft exclusives. Here’s more on if Game Pass is worth buying.
Forza Horizon 4 Trailer
This short two minute Forza Horizon 4 trailer walks you through the new game with 4K footage from the game. You get to see a variety of settings and seasons. If you play on the Xbox One X you will get to play in 4K with HDR. If you play on the Xbox One S, you should get HDR support. This assumes you have a TV capable of 4K HDR.
Forza Horizon 4 Gameplay
There are two main Forza Horizon 4 gameplay videos out that show us what it is like to play the new Forza Horizon. First up is the video above from IGN that offers a 9-minute look at Forza Horizon 4 in the McLaren Senna, an off-road truck, a rally car and others.
The next video is from BlackPanthaa, who walks us through some of the menus, controls, and explains how the game plays. We get a great look at the environment with wet roads, construction and potholes as well as other environment features.
Forza Horizon 4 Map & Location Info
The Forza Horizon 4 map is about the same size as the Australia map in Forza Horizon 3. With that in mind expect it to grow with add-on sections that come as DLC.
We don’t have a full look at the new Horizon 4 map yet, and it will likely be a little while before we are able to put that into perspective.
The Forza Horizon 4 location is set in Britain. This wasn’t the first choice for the setting, but it allows them to use Seasons to change play.
You will play through each of the four seasons during Forza Horizon 4. These will change slightly each week, and switch between seasons as you go. There will be changes to the event types and to the environment. This will be little things, as well as big things — like driving over a frozen lake to an island that wasn’t available in the Spring.
When the game start you will play in Summer and then in the course fo a few hours, you get to experience all of the seasons. Once you get to the live server you will be playing a season for a week or so, and then it will switch.
Forza Horizon 4 Features
In the video above, we get an overview of the new features and how things work. When the seasons change, you will see differences each time. This could be vehicles, buildings, traffic or even Forzathons.
While the game handles 72 players in a world, you will not be playing next to all of those players each time. Your friends will be in your session more than random players. The same goes for your crew in Forza Horizon 4.
You can buy 10 properties in Forza Horizon 4. This allows you to buy houses or garages, where you can keep your cars. You can also buy businesses, including a taxi business. More info is coming about the properties.
A new route creator allows you to better outline a race for your crew or friends to race on. There is some hope that you will be able to set up specific checkpoints.
Forza Horizon 4 runs at 4K on the Xbox One, or you can choose to run it at 1080P with 60 FPS. You have to pick which you want.
Driver choices ramps up in Forza Horizon 4, but we don’t have full details about the game.
It also sounds like we will see more car customization options, but we are waiting on new details about what you can
Forza Horizon 4 Editions
There are three Forza Horizon 4 editions that you can buy on disk or digital. The prices are $59.99, $79.99 and $99.99 and depending on the edition, you get a different set of extras.
The standard Forza Horizon 4 edition is $59.99 and it includes the base game as well as the Formula Drift Car Pack.
The Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe edition is $79.99 and includes the Formula Drift Car Pack and the Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. The Car Pass is normally $29.99 as a standalone purchase, so you save $10 with this edition.
The Forza Horizon Ultimate edition is $99.99 and it includes four days of early access. The Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass, VIP membership, the Formula Drift Pack, Day One Car Pack and two Forza Horizon 4 expansions. VIP membership is normally $19.99 and the expansions are normally $35 for two.
Forza Horizon 4 Screenshots
3 Reasons Not to Buy the Apple Watch 4 & 5 Reasons You Should
The all new Apple Watch 4 features a bigger screen, all new features and several great reasons to buy the...
40 Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Tips & Tricks
In this guide we share a big list of over 40 Galaxy Note 9 tips, tricks or hidden features. That way...