Another area of importance for most buyers are the specs and features of a phone. Luckily, these will be two of the most powerful phones released all year. Here are the numbers.
Galaxy Note 10 Specs
- 6.3-inch small model & 6.8-inch Curved Quad-HD Infinity Display
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor or Samsung Exynos
- 8-12GB of RAM and 256/512GB or 1TB storage with microSD expansion (Higher RAM and storage options on bigger model)
- Android 9 Pie With Samsung One UI (Or Android 10 Q)
- Triple Rear Cameras: 12, 12, 16MP (Dual variable aperture main lens (F1.5 and F2.4), f/2.4 telephoto lens, and super wide-angle camera) Dual OIS, 960 FPS slo-mo, 4K, 10-scene optimizer, Night Sight (same as S10)
- 4th DepthVision camera in Plus model
- 10MP Front Selfie Camera with Portrait Mode & Improved 3D AR Emoji
- Stereo Speaker tuned by AKG
- 3,500 mAh & massive 4,300 mAh (on bigger Note 10) batteries with new 25w Faster Charging, Wireless Charging 2.0 and Powershare Reverse Wireless Charging
- IP68 Dust & Water-resistance, USB Type-C, S-Pen stylus, Bixby 2.0, Bixby AI, new Air Gestures and stylus controls, wireless Dex Live, etc
- Heart-rate sensor, In-Display Fingerprint Sensor, more
- No 3.5mm headphone jack and no Bixby button
OnePlus 7 Pro Specs
- 6.67-inch 3120 x 1440 Quad HD+ Super AMOLED (90Hz refresh rate) Display with curved edges (like an S10)
- Snapdragon 855 Processor with 6-12GB of RAM
- 128 or 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage, no microSD slot
- Triple 48MP f/1.6 OIS + 8MP f/2.4 telephoto zoom with OIS + 16MP Ultra-wide angle PDAF sensor
- 16 Megapixel f/2.0 front-facing Pop-up selfie camera (and yes, it’s durable)
- Android 9 Pie
- Screen Fingerprint Unlock
- 4,000 mAh battery with Super Fast Charging 30W Warp charging
- Dual Stereo Speakers (finally)
- Splash-Resistance (but no IP rating)
- BT 5.0, NFC, 4G LTE, alert slider, NO 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5G Technology and more
As you can see, these are two very similar phones under the hood. However, it's worth noting that the Galaxy Note 10 offers water-resistance, wireless charging, and the 10+ has a microSD slot to expand storage. We don't get any of those on the OnePlus 7 Pro, although they're teasing the phone is water-resistant without saying it.
Furthermore, while the OnePlus 7 Pro ones comes in 128 or 256GB of storage, Samsung starts at 256 and even offers a 512GB model for those who want it.
It's great to finally see a big 4,000 mAh battery in a OnePlus phone, so that's a plus. That's a big deal when the screen is nearly 6.7-inches in size. That said, the bigger Note 10+ has an even larger and longer-lasting 4,300 mAh battery.
Either way, these are fast, powerful and capable devices you'll absolutely love. You'll simply have to decide which screen and notch design you like the most and if those extra features mentioned are worth paying a higher price for the Note 10 or Note 10 Pro. A much higher price.