Arriving yesterday, the first Madden 16 update is now live on Xbox One and PS4. There is no sign of an update for the maligned PS3 and Xbox 360 Madden 16 game that does not offer the same features.
Gamers can connect to Xbox Live and PSN to download the free Madden 16 updates that are just over 700MB. The new Madden 16 patch comes just a few days before the first Madden 16 roster update.
Here’s what the Madden 16 patch fixes, what you need to know about Connected Franchise Mode and the first Madden 16m roster update.
This is different from the Madden 16 tuning update that arrived last week and changed the power of the Aggressive Catch feature.
If you’ve played any no-huddle gameplay in Madden 16 you’ve likely run into a weird encroachment issue that would cause a 5-yard penalty when a defender bumped into an offensive player on the way back to the line. Another fix prevents players from being called down when no one touches them and a fix for QB gameplay issues.
After the Madden 16 release EA warned players not to play Connected Franchise Mode due to a number of problems. EA lists six specific fixes for Madden 16 CFM problems that arrive with this Madden 16 patch.
- Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
- Improved regression tuning for offensive linemen
- Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
- Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
- Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
- Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
EA also includes fixes for missing images in Madden Ultimate Team and other fixes for the game. These additional fixes for Madden 16 problems include a quarterback injury bug that repeated presentation and commentary and;
- Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
- Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
- Addressed general bugs and stability issues
While the Madden 16 update release notes do not specifically call out the Madden 16 freezes that stopped games in the middle of play, but it may be part of the stability fixes.
EA also delivered a player likeness update today to deliver a more realistic look for 180 players in Madden 16. The free update includes all these players and is live now. Check out the gallery below to see many of these new Madden 16 player likeness updates.
EA Sports plans the first Madden 16 roster update Friday September 11th. This will bring players and rosters in line with the current NFL teams.
@BIGNiftizzle Shooting for Friday for the roster update.
— Rex Dickson (@Rex_Dickson_) September 9, 2015
Rex Dickson, Creative Director of EA Sports Madden NFL confirmed the arrival on Twitter, but did not announce a specific release time.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.