If you are a pass-rusher, this is exciting news since you get to see the new right stick controls and you can see more information about each of the moves and how often you’ve used them. On the offensive side, you can now pull off the jurdle and the deadleg, which Madden 21 developers say is more in line with the moves that they are seeing on the field.
The Madden 21 release date is August 28th, and when you buy the special editions, you can play three days earlier on August 25th. You can play earlier with EA Access or Origin Access with a 10-hour play first trial likely dropping on August 20th. Here is a breakdown of the Madden 21 editions.
The video above walks through and shows us our best look at the new Madden 21 features yet. You’ll learn more about each of these five Madden 21 changes listed below.
New Pass-Rush Control – New defensive line mechanics that make playing as a pass-rusher more responsive and more fun to play.
Ball Carrier Skill Stick – Two new moves that the skill stick unlocks including the side hurdle and the dead leg.
Realistic Open Field Tackling – Give defenders more control and a better chance of successfully tackling oncoming players.
Authenticity Improvements – New physics-based animation which will create more authentic moments when the quarterback is throwing under pressure and more.
Celebrate Everywhere – Total control over how your players react after game-changing plays.
Personally we are looking forward to going head to head against a friend and celebrating way too often. Personally, I am excited for the new pass rush controls, as that is one of my favorite ways to play Madden 21.
- Upgrade to Madden NFL 21 Xbox Series X at no additional cost. See "From the Manufacturer" section below for more information
- Fresh new features, innovative new gameplay mechanics, and Madden’s newest mode, The Yard
- Face of the Franchise - Push the limits of your legacy and rise to Hall of Fame immortality
- Superstar Feels - Explore more than 50 new Superstar and X-Factor abilities
- New user-friendly Pass rush mechanics: feel Full control and responsiveness while performing specific Pass rush moves
Check out more of the new Madden 21 features in the slides below.
Last update on 2020-10-27. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.