Update: Or not.
Sony Ericsson surprised Xperia X10 owners when it announced that it would be rolling out an update to Gingerbread after saying that the device would never see the upgrade to Android 2.3. And now that announcement has become a reality as Sony has made the update available for those of you that are rocking an unbranded version of the Xperia X10 smartphone. That’s right. If you own the AT&T version, you’re going to have to keep waiting, a wait that might go on forever as Sony has made it clear that this update might not hit every X10 device. If you do own an unbranded X10 though, here’s what you’re looking at in terms of what’s coming with the update.
Some of the highlights include:
- Facebook inside Xperia – a series of unique integrations of Facebook into your multimedia apps, phonebook and calendar
- The possibility to use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Music player with equalizer
- USB tethering – share your 3G data connection via the USB connector
- Photo widget – one click access to your photo gallery app
- App tray sorting – arrange your apps in the order you want them
Now, before you update, Sony Ericsson and myself want you to be sure to read this:
- User data, such as contacts, messages and more, saved in your phone memory will be overwritten. User data saved on the phone’s memory card is not affected.
- DRM content will be overwritten.
- The Backup and Restore app will be overwritten and cannot be used to restore data. Check out Android Market for alternative apps to back up and restore your data, such as MyBackup.
- The Creatouch, Neoreader and Quadrapop apps will be removed.
- Mediascape, homescreen operator customization and app tray operator customization will no longer be supported.
- Moxier Exchange will be replaced by Android 2.3 Gingerbread Exchange support.
In other words, be careful. So, if you’re ready to take the plunge, you’ll need Sony’s PC companion app to get the update and you’ll be able to get both if you head right here.
Via: Android Central
Where to Buy the Galaxy S10 & Galaxy S10+
The Samsung Galaxy S10 preorders are live at many retailers right now, and direct through Samsung. This is a comprehensive...
27 Essential Gadgets You Can’t Live Without
There are a lot of cool gadgets, but only a select few make out list of the absolute best gadgets...