The very best NBA 2K21 deals won’t arrive until later in the year, but you’ll want to keep your eyes peeled for price drops as we approach the game’s release next month.
In a few short days 2K Games and Visual Concepts will release the next installment in the long-running NBA 2K series. Dubbed NBA 2K21, the game is set for release on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC, Google Stadia, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5.
If you aren’t looking to pay full price for a copy of NBA 2K21 and you want to play the game when it arrives in early September, you’ll want to hunt for deals. We haven’t seen a ton of pre-release offers, but there are ways to save some cash ahead of the game’s launch.
- Order the NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 and you will also receive NBA 2K21 and 100,000 Virtual Currency for PlayStation 5 upon release.
- Physical copies of NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 will include a digital copy of NBA 2K21 Standard Edition for PlayStation 5 in box.
- This edition includes 100,000 Virtual Currency, 10,000 MyTEAM points, MyTEAM packs, digital items for your MyPLAYER, and more
- Note: There will be two inserts in PS4 Mamba edition physical product. One code is for the Mamba edition content (VC, MyTeam packs, etc.), this slip is titled Damian Liliard & Zion Williams Digital Collection. The second code is for the NG game code and VC, this slip is titled PS4 Digital Items 2K21 for PS5. Both codes can be redeemed through the normal console process
- First party codes are provided and redeemed through their storefronts. PlayStation codes are 12 digits
In this guide we’ll take you through the best NBA 2K21 deals. We’ll also tell you when you can expect to save the most money in 2020 and beyond.
Best NBA 2K21 Deals
As of right now, there are only a few NBA 2K21 deals out there. The list could grow in the near future so you’ll want to keep your head on a swivel as we push toward September 4th.
So instead of paying $59.99 for the standard version, you can snag it for $50.39. And instead of paying $99.99 for the Mamba Forever edition, you pay $83.99.
2K Games sometimes offers a 10% discount to legacy players so keep an eye out for discounts (if you own NBA 2K20) as we approach the game’s release.
When to Expect the Better NBA 2K21 Deals
You can expect bigger NBA 2K21 deals to emerge in the fall around Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the holiday shopping season. This is when the game will likely drop by $15 to $30 at popular retailers in the United States.
You can also expect to see sporadic and deep discounts emerge early-to-mid 2021, particularly once we get closer to the inevitable release of NBA 2K22.
Pre-Order NBA 2k21 to Receive These Bonuses
If you plan to invest a lot of time into NBA 2K21's various game modes, you might want to pre-order a copy because you'll get some bonuses with your order.
If you pre-order a copy of the standard edition you get some bonus items that could prove useful. These bonuses include:
If you pre-order a copy of the standard edition for PS5 or Xbox Series X, you get the following items:
If you decide you want to go with the expensive Mamba Forever Edition for current-generation platforms, you get these pre-order bonuses:
And if you pre-order a copy of the Mamba Forever Edition for PS5 or Xbox Series X, you get the following bonuses with your order:
Those all come free with a pre-order and they'll give you a pretty good head start if you plan to play 2K's various game modes.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.