The new Call of Duty: WWII patch is now live on PS4, and coming to the Xbox One today. This is the Call of Duty: WWII 1.06 update that brings a number of important changes to the game and key fixes for Call of Duty: WWII problems.
After a rough first month, the new update delivers a new user interface for the game, bans for cheaters, many updates and fixes to console users. We expect a PC update in the near future. The patch also kicks off Ranked Play Season 1 and paves the way for a winter version of Carentan. We know this includes weapon changes and will now kick team killers from hardcore mode.
The PS4 Call of Duty: WWII 1.06 update is 388.9MB. We expect the Xbox One update will be very similar in size.
Sledgehammer is aware of a Prestige Exploit in HQ and they are ready to deploy a fix, but it is not part of this major update. Here is a full list fo the changes and what’s new in Call of Duty: WWII 1.06 update for PS4 and the Xbox One Call of Duty: WWII 1.6 update.
HQ STATUS UPDATE: After a bunch of testing, we are beginning to turn on fully populated Headquarters for everyone. As part of our latest patch, players simply select HQ via the MP menu. The core #CODWWII HQ experience is there, so players can compete, earn rewards, show off their accomplishments and connect with friends.
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- XB1 and PS4 crash fixes
- Server/connectivity improvements
- Fixed an issue preventing users from entering local play match if booting game without internet connection
- Fixed an issue of players being kicked to ghost lobby then start screen with “Lost connection to host” message after Public matches
- Fixed an issue of showing black screen when host leaves match
- Fixed an issue where players who are not the host see black and screen and no AAR between matches
- General Leaderboard fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue of 2XP not being granted when indicated, sometimes granted 3XP
- Fixed HQ progression exploits
- Fixed an issue preventing Scorestreak Training from functioning due to Custom Match settings applied prior
- Fixed an issue user from backing out into HQ if user accepts an invite to a lobby while in Scorestreak Training
- Fixed map exploits on Pointe du Hoc, USS Texas, London Docks, and Flak Tower
- Fixed an issue allowing “snaking” exploits
- Fixed one-way smoke screen issue
- Paratroopers in HC modes now have HC health, not normal health
- Fixed the issue of granting free Flamethrower with partial fuel if another Flamethrower is equipped already
- Fixed S&D issue where players are stuck when planting the Bomb after tossing a Molotov
- Fixed an issue when party leader changes game mode, members are taken to a ghost lobby
- Fixed an issue where when party leader leaves lobby before user loads out of match, users enter a ghost lobby
- Fixed an issue where if party leader leaves in middle of match without bringing the rest of the party, shows that party leader is still there
- General party improvements, including crash fixes, connectivity fixes, and access to HQ after a match
- Fixed firing range issue causing continuous emoting
- Fixed not allowing players who have Prestiged to accept, complete, or turn in Orders and Contracts
- Fixed an issue not rewarding completed Mastery Challenges
- Fixed an issue not tracking Division Skill Challenge progression in War Mode matches
- Fixed Weekly Order issue not registering Hill Taker win
- Fixed Daily Order Breathing Fire issue not tracking progress
- Fixed an issue not properly tracking Panzerschreck Challenge, preventing players from receiving snow camo unlock
- Fixed Zombies issue preventing players from earning supply drops
- Various MP and Zombies splitscreen improvements
- Cinematics resolution fixes on enhanced consoles
- Fixed an issue pushing update to stats before AAR has been displayed (no more lost/unviewed stats)
- Fixed an issue showing incorrect leaderboard data
- Fixed an issue where changing character’s face and equipping Division uniform displays previous character face and kicks player out of the menu
- Fixed an issue causing Headquarters death, weapon, and division stats to be logged in the Combat Record
- Various UI improvements (Includes Order/Challenge completion instructions)
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES:
- BAR nerfed to add more recoil
- Reticle unlock fix for STG-44 reflex sight
- Custom reticle fixes for scopes of Kar98K and Lee Enfield
COD:WWII BASIC TRAINING UPDATES:
- Primed Basic Training nerf
COD:WWII GAMEBATTLES UPDATES:
- Fixed delayed start of GameBattles matches
- Increased GameBattles Hardpoint time limit from 5 min to 10 min
- Other general GameBattles improvements
COD:WWII CAMPAIGN UPDATES:
- Fixed Campaign issue causing user to lose progression and re-lock missions when selecting New Game in the menu
Buy if Call of Duty: WWII is Still Your Go to Game
This is still the go to boots on the ground version of Call of Duty, and even with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on the way it makes sense to buy the Season Pass if you will play Call of Duty: WWII for most of 2018.
If you think you will buy all of the maps because you loved the first 6 months of Call of Duty: WWII or because you like the direction the game is going with each update, you should buy the Season Pass.
For gamers who are planning to play Call of Duty: WWII for a year, it doesn't make sense to wait and buy the DLC separately or even to skip one or two of them since that will limit the matchmaking as you get split into a smaller and smaller pool.
We're seeing a new Call of Duty, or rather a return to a more classic Call of Duty game and while things could change with updates, if you are hooked on this game, buy the Season Pass now.
You save $10 over buying the DLC individually, you get a bonus and you may need to wait a long time for a deal.