WhiteStone Dome Glass UV Kit
First up is the popular Whitestone Dome Glass UV kit. These are relatively new kits that are excellent for keeping curved screens safe. As you probably know, most screen protectors fail on the curved Galaxy S8. You'll end up with dead spots on the screen or poor touchscreen responsiveness. That's not a problem with the WhiteStone Dome, nor is the installation process.
Here's how it works. This company sends you an entire installation kit for the Galaxy S8+. That way the screen protectors is perfectly aligned, and you'll never mess up. Then, you add a liquid for the installation, drop it on the easy installation tray, then CURE the liquid with a UV light they provide. Ensuring a tight fit, good seal, perfect installation, and no touchscreen sensitivity issues. It's pretty impressive, really. And, if you do break it, they sell replacement kits at a discount with no light.
If every other screen protector you've tried failed, try Whitestone's Dome kit.
The new Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ have a slew of security options in place. From a new biometric iris eye scanner, facial recognition and more. However, most users will stick to using the Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner. If so, this quick guide will explain how to setup the fingerprint sensor on the Galaxy S8.
For the first time in seven years Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and S8+ do not have a physical home button on the front. This is due to slimming down the bezels and adding a huge 5.8 or 6.2-inch Infinity display. Of course the fingerprint scanner is still there, it’s just located on back.
Just like past devices the Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner is fast, accurate and easy to use. Some may need to adjust to using it on back instead of the front. This can be used to unlock the device, sign into apps or websites, use Samsung Pay and more. If you skipped this part during setup, here’s how to use the Galaxy S8 fingerprint scanner.
If all these futuristic new controls are too much for you, or owners just want to stick to what they know — use the fingerprint scanner. Protect your device from prying eyes or thieves, and have better security in general. We have anything and everything on our smartphones, so using the lock screen secured with a fingerprint is highly recommended.
Today we’ll be setting up multiple fingerprints as a security measure. This is one of a few steps recommended and offered during the initial setup process with the Galaxy S8. If you skipped it, here’s how to enable the lock screen and add your prints.
How to Setup the Galaxy S8 Fingerprint Scanner
To start simply head into settings by finding the app or pull down the notification bar. At the top right is a gear-shaped settings button. Click that, find Lock screen & Security and choose fingerprints. Alternatively, here’s a breakdown and a few images to help you out.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app scroll down to “Lock screen and security” from the list.
- Step 2: Select the “Fingerprints” option, which is located halfway down the screen. (Input a pin code or pattern if one was made)
- Step 3: Users will be prompted to scan a fingerprint and enable this lock screen method. Those who already have a fingerprint registered will need to select “+Add fingerprint” and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Step 4: Locate fingerprint scanner on back and tap your finger, then tap with a different angle or direction. Do this multiple times until you reach 100%.
- Step 5: Enter a “backup password” for when your fingerprint is dirty or after device reboots. A password or pin is often required after restarting your phone.
- Step 6: Hit “Done” then go back and add another finger for the other hand, if you’d like.
Now we’re all done and the Galaxy S8 is safely protected and secured. Users can also head back to the fingerprints settings menu to enable a few more options or features. Web sign-in to sign in to websites with the tap of a finger, verify and log into a Samsung account, and even use with Samsung Pay. Which is one of our favorite Samsung Galaxy features over the past few years.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.