This guide will show you how to use Instagram Face Filters in your Instagram Story. This upgrades your selfies by putting a filter on top of your face and can include other effects that take over the screen.
You can only use the Instagram Face Filters in your Instagram Story, but you can save them and then upload to Instagram or even to Facebook.
How to Use Instagram Face Filters
It’s likely that you are already familiar with Face Filters that can upgrade your selfies. Snapchat Lenses offer a similar option that many people use. Instagram Face Filters look very similar, but you activate them in a different way.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap on the camera in the upper left corner, or swipe from the left to the right.
- Tap on the Face icon in the lower right corner.
- Tap on one of the faces at the bottom of the screen.
- You can swipe left or right to see more faces.
- Raise your eyebrows or open your mouth to activate features.
- Press the shutter button to take a photo or hold to take a video.
- You can use the buttons in the upper right to add stickers, draw or add text.
- Tap on the Save button to save the photo to your camera roll or the plus icon to add to your story. The Arrow sends the photo to a specific person or to your story.
This works with the front and rear-facing cameras on your phone. You don’t need to tap on the screen to highlight a face or activate the feature. There are currently eight Instagram Face Filters and there are more coming.
After you save a photo to your camera roll, you can then go upload it to Instagram like any normal photo that you take.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.