This is what’s new macOS Catalina, aka the macOS 10.15 update, that is coming to you Mac later this year.
Apple is delivering a major upgrade to the macOS system this year with important new features that you’ve enjoyed using on the iPhone and iPad for years. This new update also includes new ways to connect with the iPad, new parental controls, complete voice control and more.
This is a massive change for your Mac that is packed with features that you will actually use.
The macOS Catalina release date is this fall alongside iOS 13, iPadOS 13 and watchOS 6. There is a macOS Catalina beta that you can install if you want to test it out early. There are some good reasons to try the macOS beta, but also plenty of reasons to skip it.
Here’s a look at the new macOS Catalina features that are coming to your Mac this fall.
- Cross-Platform Apps – Run iPad apps on your Mac.
- New Mac Apps – New Music, TV and Podcasts Apps.
- iPhone in Finder – You now manage your iPhone and iPad in Finder.
- iPad as an External Display – Use your iPad as a display for your Mac.
- Voice Control – Total voice control of the Mac.
- New Find My App – A new Find My iPhone and Friends App Combo and you can find your Mac when its asleep.
- Activation Lock – Your mac now has the same Activation lock as your iPhone.
- Screen Time – Screen Time lets you monitor usage and set limits.
- iPad Apps – Developers can bring iPad apps to the Mac with Catalyst easily
- Photos Upgrades – Now you can See your best photos faster and see important memories easier.
- Notes Updates – You can now easily see Notes previews and better manage checklists.
- Reminders – New options to keep track of to-do items and Smart Lists.
- Safari Smart Start – The Safari new tab page now shows you more of what you need, when you need it.
- Apple Pencil Support with Sidecar – When you use the iPad as an external display, you can use the Apple Pencil as a tool in supported apps.
- Security and Privacy Upgrades – System level upgrades to keep your data and privacy secure.
- Approve with Apple Watch – Double click your Apple Watch button to perform many of the things you can use TouchID for on a Mac.
- Voice Control – Complete voice control of your Mac.
We’re seeing more information come out about new macOS Catalina features as more people try the beta and learn about small changes Apple didn’t mention on stage.
5 Reasons to Buy the Apple Watch 5 & 4 Reasons Not To
There are great reasons to pre-order the Apple Watch 5 right now, but there are also important reasons to wait...
2020 Ford Escape First Drive Review: Redefining the Compact SUV
The 2020 Ford Escape raises the bar for what you should expect from a compact SUV, combining sleeker chic styling...