Google’s confirmed its new Pixel 4a smartphone and the device is currently up for pre-order ahead of its release date later on this month.
It took awhile, but Google’s new budget phone is official and the Pixel 4a replaces the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL as the company’s Apple iPhone SE 2 alternative.
As expected, the Pixel 4a is a cheap, mid-range device that’s aimed at those who don’t want to break the bank upgrading to a new, high-quality smartphone. The device matches the iPhone SE 2’s $349.99 price point.
For $349.99 you get 128GB of storage, a 5.81-inch display with 1080 x 2340 OLED resolution at 443 PPI with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, a single-lens 12.2 megapixel dual-pixel camera, 6GB of RAM, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 730 processor, and Android 10 with an upgraded to Android 11 waiting in the wings. It only comes in one color (black).
The Pixel 4a won’t start shipping until later on this month, but you can pre-order the device right now if you’re interested in making it your next phone.
- New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Capture great photos using your cell phone on the 12 MP dual pixel rear camera with features like Live HDR+, Night Sight, and Portrait Mode; share photos directly from the viewfinder of your Pixel camera to Google and popular third party apps
- The Adaptive Battery lasts up to 24 hours  as it learns your favorite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use
- HDR+ makes your photos look better by automatically adjusting for color and lighting; Night Sight lets you capture rich detail and color even in the dark; Portrait Mode helps you take beautiful portraits with a DSLR quality look
- Get things done with just your voice: Send texts, get directions and reminders, and multitask on the go on your mobile phone with help from Google
There are some reasons to consider putting in a Pixel 4a pre-order though there are also some reasons why you might want to put your credit card away and hang back for a few days, weeks, or in some cases, even longer.
In this guide, we’ll help you decide if the Pixel 4a is worth pre-ordering right now.
Pre-Order If You Want the Pixel 4a ASAP
If you've been waiting for Google to announce a new budget phone and you're sold on the changes Google's made, you might want to put in a pre-order.
The Pixel 4a officially launches on August 20th and Google currently says orders placed today should arrive by August 21st. That said, shipping times could slip even further in the coming days.
If you're in desperate need of a new device and you've got your heart set on the Pixel 4a, you should consider putting in an order as soon as you can to ensure prompt delivery.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.