The 2018 Jeep Trackhawk, officially the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, is the world’s most powerful SUV with 707 horsepower. Yes, this is the Jeep Hellcat that you’ve been waiting for even if it isn’t the 2018 Wrangler.
This is a fast Jeep, its four wheel drive and it’s faster than a lot of supercars. If you plan to take your Jeep to the track and you want a sleeper on the streets, this is your next Jeep.
Here’s what you need to know about the 208 Jeep Trackhawk specs, top speed, horsepower, and the must see 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk videos and photos. We now know a lot more about the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk price and release date.
What is the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk?
The Jeep Trackhawk is the Hellcat Jeep that you’ve been waiting for. This 707 horsepower Jeep Grand Cherokee sits atop the lineup, outpacing the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.
Jeep calls this the most powerful SUV ever and the Quickest SUV ever. While you’ll want to see some third-party tests the tech packed in this Jeep should be able to deliver what Jeep claims.
In addition to going fast, the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can stop fast thanks to huge Brembo brakes, the largest on a Jeep yet.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Price
The 2018 Jeep Trackhawk price is $85,900 and you can order it starting this week. That price does not include the $1,095 destination charge. There’s a good chance you’ll pay a little more than that as you can option the following items;
- dual-pane panoramic sunroof
- three-season tires
- lightweight 20 x 10-inch forged aluminum Low Gloss Black wheels
- fully wrapped Signature Leather Interior Package in Black or Black/Dark Ruby Red
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon high-performance audio system
- dual-screen rear-seat entertainment center with Blu-ray
- trailer tow package
- Dark Ruby Red seatbelts
The Jeep Trackhawk colors include two exclusive options, but no details on any premiums for any of the options that include; Billet Silver, Granite Crystal, Diamond Black, Ivory Tri-coat, Bright White, Velvet Red, Rhino (exclusive), Redline 2 (exclusive) and True Blue.
“The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk delivers astounding performance numbers, backed by renowned SRT engineering that combines world-class on-road driving dynamics with luxury, refinement and an array of innovative advanced technology,” said Mike Manley, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA Global. “As the most powerful and quickest SUV, there is nothing else like the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk in the market, and with its starting price of $85,900, there is no better value for a high-performance SUV.”
This is more than just dropping a Hellcat into the Grand Cherokee. You get a lot of added options and upgraded driveline components including a stronger rear axle, strengthened drive shaft and a new, “full-time active transfer case uses forged steel chain sprockets and a wider chain for added strength and durability.”
The Jeep Trackhawk sits an inch lower than non-SRT Grand Cherokee models and includes body-color wheel flares, as well as unique styling, touches only found on the Trackhawk. There are nine exterior color options, including two exclusive colors.
At this price, you also get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support standard and there are a bevy of safety and driver convenience features included.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Release Date
You can order the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk starting on August 10th at your local dealer. This is a special Jeep, but it isn’t limited to just a few thousand models like the Demon. The Jeep Trackhawk will arrive in Jeep dealerships in Q4 this fall, which is when you can expect to drive yours home if you order early.
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Specs
Jeep isn’t holding back when it comes to outlining the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk specs. We know the horsepower, 0-60 time and more. While we don’t know the top speed of the Dodge Demon, we do know the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk top speed and other important details.
- Supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine delivers 707 horsepower
- 645 lb.-ft. of torque
- 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.5 seconds
- Quarter mile in 11.6 seconds
- Top speed of 180 mph
- 60-0 mph braking performance of 114 feet
The new Trackhawk includes, “upgraded TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission and driveline components engineered to handle additional torque output.”
There is a special Launch Control mode that allows you to get a perfect launch with the most straight line acceleration possible. Jeep also includes Trackhawk Performance Pages, on the 8.4-inch touchscreen. There are multiple driving modes;
- Auto — Automatically adapts to any condition; uses a 40-percent front/60-percent rear torque split
- Sport — Transmission shift times are reduced by 50 percent versus Auto Mode; stability control, four-wheel-drive and steering systems are set for typical enthusiast driving style; paddle shifters are enabled and suspension is tightened up without increasing impact harshness to deliver increased vehicle performance capability over Auto Mode; uses 35/65 torque split
- Track — Transmission shift times are reduced 68 percent versus Auto Mode to 160 milliseconds; stability control, four-wheel-drive and steering systems are set for ultimate track performance; paddle shifters are enabled and suspension is set to full firm to deliver maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces; uses 30/70 torque split
- Tow — Alters torque delivery off the line for greater smoothness and adjusts suspension to combat pitch and yaw to deliver maximum towing performance: uses 60/40 torque split
- Snow — Maximizes traction to deliver optimized performance on snow and ice with reduced engine horsepower; uses 50/50 torque split
You can also choose a custom mode to set up the driving experience exactly as you want it combining portions of each of these modes to match your style.
This is a fast SUV and if you want to know just how fast, check out the list of sprots cars and super cars that the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is as fast as or faster than from FCA Authority.
Here’s a further breakdown of the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk specs and features;
- Supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine that delivers 707 horsepower, 645 lb.-ft. of torque and 3.5-second 0-60 mph times
- TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission that delivers improved shift response, quality and consistent performance and drivability
- Jeep Quadra-Trac on-demand four-wheel-drive system, which includes an electronic limited-slip rear differential and a single-speed active transfer case
- Launch Control that optimizes the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk’s performance by coordinating the engine, transmission, driveline and suspension for a textbook launch and consistent straight-line acceleration
- Selec-Track system, which uses performance-tuned software to pre-configure and distinguish the five dynamic modes (Auto, Sport, Track, Snow and Tow), enabling drivers to choose a vehicle setting that ideally meets their requirements and ambient conditions
- 7,200-pound towing capability
- New high-performance Brembo braking system, with a new distinctive yellow finish, that includes the largest standard front brakes ever offered on a Jeep vehicle and delivers 60-0 mph braking performance of 114 feet
- One-inch lower ride than non-SRT Grand Cherokee models
- Sculpted hood with dual heat extractors
- Omitted fog lights from the Trackhawk’s front fascia to optimize airflow to cooling modules and air induction without compromising the vehicle’s balance
- “Supercharged” badge on both front doors and a Trackhawk badge on the liftgate that features a Liquid Titanium Chrome outline and Matte Black background
- New standard 20 x 10-inch Titanium-finish wheels with a Satin Chrome center cap
- All-new Pirelli 295/45ZR20 Scorpion Verde all-season and new Pirelli P Zero three-season tires with an increased speed rating
- Unique Gloss Black rear valance that showcases four-inch Black Chrome quad exhaust tips, while new quad exhaust system design provides an exhilarating and unmistakable note during maximum acceleration
- Driver-focused interior that features premium soft-touch materials, unique Light Black Chrome finishes and carbon fiber spears, and a 7-inch driver information display (DID) instrument cluster with the tachometer in the middle
- New Uconnect 4 system with 8.4-inch display that features Trackhawk-exclusive Performance Pages that showcase an array of performance timers and gauge readouts
- Three-spoke steering wheel with a flat-bottom that features a bevy of comfort, convenience and connectivity controls and ergonomically efficient paddle shifters
- Premium Metal Package that enhances the Trackhawk’s interior with various upscale real metal accents
2018 Jeep Trackhawk Photos & Videos
You can watch the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk videos from FCA to see what this SUV can do on the track. We’re waiting for events that allow us or other journalists to go hands on with the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trakchawk at a closed course to see what it can do.
Below, you can see a number of Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk photos that show off the bold, yet not as pull me over worthy, looks of the Trackhawk. Even in bright red it flies under the radar a little more than the typical Hellcat.
Best Xbox One Black Friday Deals in 2018
This is the time to buy a Xbox One in 2018. You can save $100 on the Xbox One S...
Android 9 Pie vs Android 8.0 Oreo Walkthrough: What’s New
In this guide we’ll show you everything that’s new in Android Pie, Google’s 9th major update for phones and tablets. We’ll...