The NBA 2K21 release date is set for September and retailers are taking pre-orders ahead of the game’s arrival. While some of you might want to buy the game today, others are better off waiting a few more days, or in some cases, waiting until after the game’s release to buy a copy.
2K Games has confirmed a bunch of important details including the game’s official release date. NBA 2K21 is headed to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Google Stadia, and Nintendo Switch on September 4th.
The Xbox Series X lands in November and we expect the PS5 to arrive in and around the same time frame. 2K says the game will land on those platforms sometime before the end of the year which means we should see a release in November or December.
- Order the NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 and you will also receive NBA 2K21 and 100,000 Virtual Currency for PlayStation 5 upon release.
- Physical copies of NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 will include a digital copy of NBA 2K21 Standard Edition for PlayStation 5 in box.
- This edition includes 100,000 Virtual Currency, 10,000 MyTEAM points, MyTEAM packs, digital items for your MyPLAYER, and more
- Note: There will be 2 inserts in PS4 Mamba edition physical product. 1 code is for the Mamba edition content (VC, MyTeam packs, etc.), this slip is titled Damian Liliard & Zion Williams Digital Collection. The second code is for the NG game code and VC, this slip is titled PS4 Digital Items 2K21 for PS5. Both codes can be redeemed through the normal console process
- First party codes are provided and redeemed through their storefronts. PlayStation codes are 12 digits
Retailers like Amazon and GameStop are currently selling a few different versions of the game. There’s a standard version for current-generation platforms that retails for the usual $59.99. There’s also a standard edition for PS5 and Xbox Series X which retails for $69.99.
In addition, there’s the Mamba Forever Edition, a tribute to the late Kobe Bryant, that comes with some bonuses and will run you $99.99.
With the game’s editions set and the release date just a few days away, some of you might be thinking about putting in a pre-order.
There are some great reasons to pre-order a copy of NBA 2K21. For one, pre-ordering a copy will net you some nice bonuses no matter what edition you purchase.
On the other hand, there are some reasons to think about waiting. You might want to wait until you try the free NBA 2K21 demo. We’ll also have to wait a few days for critical feedback about this year’s version of the game.
In this guide we’ll take you through the best reasons to buy a copy of NBA 2K21 right now and the best reasons to put your wallet away and wait.
Pre-Order NBA 2k21 to Receive These Bonuses
If you plan to invest a lot of time into NBA 2K21's various game modes, you might want to pre-order a copy because you'll get some bonuses with your order.
If you pre-order a copy of the standard edition you get some bonus items that could prove useful. These bonuses include:
If you pre-order a copy of the standard edition for PS5 or Xbox Series X, you get the following items:
If you decide you want to go with the expensive Mamba Forever Edition for current-generation platforms, you get these pre-order bonuses:
And if you pre-order a copy of the Mamba Forever Edition for PS5 or Xbox Series X, you get the following bonuses with your order:
Those all come free with a pre-order and they'll give you a pretty good head start if you plan to play 2K's various game modes.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API