A new Battlefield 1 update is rolling out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC and today we want to take you through the Battlefield 1 April 2018 update’s changes, size, and problems.
DICE continues to update Battlefield 1 ahead of the highly anticipated Battlefield 2018 reveal in early June. Monthly Battlefield 1 updates will come to an end in the near future, but we’ve still got a couple of updates to look forward to including one that’s set to deliver a new Operations game mode.
The developer’s latest Battlefield 1 update doesn’t have a long list of features, but it does deliver a nice set of bug fixes and enhancements aimed at improving gameplay.
The April Battlefield 1 2018 patch is a mandatory patch for all Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC users and here’s what you need to know before you download it to your console or PC.
Battlefield 1 April 2018 Update Size
The newest Battlefield 1 patch might not come with a long list of changes, but it’s a pretty sizable download for Xbox One, PS4, and Windows PC.
If you’re planning to fire up Battlefield 1 today you’re looking at a 2.2 GB download for Windows PC and a 4.2 GB download on the PlayStation 4.
If you don’t have a ton of space available on your device you might need to free up some space in order to install the patch. Again, it’s mandatory.
It took about five minutes to download and install on the Xbox One X.
Bug Fixes & Tweaks
DICE’s latest update is focused on fixing issues and improving gameplay and it includes improved loading time into the soldier customization screen and fixes for first-person animations when running around with a revolver.
Here’s the full list of changes on board the April 2018 patch for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC:
- Changed the color of the Infiltrator Elite Class’ flare to respect custom colorblind UI colors.
Maps and Game Modes
- Rotated the Telegraph Post to face away from the machinery in the final sector of Rush on River Somme.
- Fixed an issue in Amiens where players could reach unintended areas on top of buildings.
- Rebalanced Tsaritsyn in the Red Tide Operation, to reduce the likelihood of attackers spawning with direct line of sight of defending team at Point B.
- Fixed an issue where the Mid-Round Team Balancer would occasionally assign players to a team beyond the team limit for that game mode.
User Interface/User Experience
- Improved loading times into the soldier customization screen.
- Reduced occurrence of disconnects when trying to join a server.
- Fixed an issue where the scoring UI would be offset incorrectly when using a 21:9 monitor while spectating.
- Updated the briefings of Operations to avoid overlapping elements in various resolutions, including 4K.
- Fixed an issue where the introductory globe animations at the start of the Gallipoli Operation had overlapping UI elements.
- Fixed an UI issue where capturing neutral flags in Frontlines would be incorrectly portrayed as though the team was reclaiming the capture point from their enemy.
- Fixed an issue where the Tanker Class icon would not display properly at the end of round.
- Relocated the Caesar’s Wreath medal to the Combat category.
- Fixed an issue where several skins for the Model 8 Autoloading did not include the weapon magazine in the thumbnail that displays when players first obtain the skin.
Weapons and Vehicles
- Fixed an issue where the first-person sprint animations would break with the Auto and Bull Dog Revolvers.
- Fixed an issue where the Howell Automatic Sniper played incorrect sound effects when fired.
- Fixed naming inconsistencies with the Model 1900 Slug.
- Fixed an issue where K Bullets were playing incorrect sound effects when firing some weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the user’s camera would stick after deploying into the third seat of the Hansa Brandenburg bomber.
- Fixed an issue where cavalry could heal other nearby vehicles (even behemoths!) for a short time after applying bandages while on horseback. This healing will now be properly applied only to the rider’s horse.
New Operation Campaign
The April update’s been accompanied by a few other changes you should be aware of.
First and foremost, DICE’s launched a Operation Campaign dubbed “Eastern Storm” which will be live until April 30th.
The challenge invites gamers to score 25.000 points on Brusilov Offensive and Red Tide. Completing the campaign for the first time will net you a puzzle piece.
It also looks like DICE is giving away free Battlepacks to those who log into the game between April 26th and May 3rd.
Bugs & Problems
The latest patch fixes a handful of issues, but we’re already hearing about problems with the latest patch. Some of these problems are brand new, others have carried over from the previous version of the game.
If you start noticing issues with the game after downloading the April patch, please take a look at our list of fixes for common Battlefield 1 problems.
DICE will continue to support the game with bug fixes, but the next patch could be weeks away.
With Battlefield 2018 announcements coming in June, Battlefield 1 development will start to slow down. DICE’s already closed the CTE for consoles and monthly updates will end after the developer releases its June update.
In May, the company plans to release more They Shall Not Pass content for all players though it’s unclear which maps will be made available.
The developer is also planning to release a huge summer update for Battlefield.
The June update will deliver a new game mode called Shock Operations. Shock Operations is an offshoot of the popular Operations game mode.
Shock Operations support 40 players and sees attackers and defenders battling over sectors across one map instead of multiple sectors making it a perfect option for those that don’t have time to commit to a full Operation.
Most of these maps come from Battlefield 1 DLC expansions, but the company says base game owners will be able to access them while playing Shock Operations.
Shock Operations are currently in the Battlefield 1 CTE for testing ahead of an unknown release date.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.
Is Hulu Worth It? 10 Things You Need to Know in 2020
Is Hulu Worth it? We’ll help you decide with a look at what you need to know before you sign...
7 Reasons to Subscribe to Hulu & 3 Reasons Not To
Should I pay for Hulu? Whether you are looking to add Hulu as a way to watch your favorite shows...