To download the iOS 12 public beta later this month you need to sign up for the iOS beta program which is part of the bigger Apple Beta Software Program. This lets you try the new iOS 12 features well ahead of the public release iOS 12 release date this fall.
The first iOS 12 public beta is available now for the iPad and iPhone. You can sign up for the beta now and install it on your iPhone today in about 30 minutes.
Before you take the jump, you can read our reasons you should and shouldn’t install the iOS 12 beta.
How to Sign Up for the iOS 12 Public Beta
You can skip this and download the developer beta without signing up as a developer, but you should consider the public beta if you aren’t a fan of problems. The public iOS beta is typically a less buggy experience than the developer one. If you’ve already signed up for an iOS 11 beta, you still need to sign in, and confirm you want to do the iOS 12 beta.
- Go to the Apple Beta Program website
- Click the Sign-Up Button.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Read and agree to the iOS 12 Beta Agreement.
That’s all there is too it. You are now part of the iOS Beta Program. There is not typically a waiting list or a delay to joining.
When available you will be able to download the iOS 12 public beta profile to your phone and install the beta.
How to Install the iOS 12 Public Beta
The public iOS 12 beta is not out yet, but when it is, you can use these directions to install it on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the iOS tab.
- Click on enroll your iOS device.
- Backup your iPhone or iPad and take these steps.
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile on your iPhone.
- Install the iOS 12 Beta Profile.
- Check for a new iOS update on your iPhone.
- Install the iOS 12 public beta as you would any other update.
You can check out the new iOS 12 features below to see what you get if you sign up for the beta. This can help you decide if the iOS 12 beta is worth trying, or if you just want to wait for the fall.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.