After an almost insufferable wait Spring is here and so is the MLB 15 The Show release date. In days you can take the field with the most realistic players and accessories to swing, pitch and field your way to The Show. MLB 15 The Show is arguably the only baseball game worth buying and it is only on PlayStation.
For the 2015 release Sony delivers a lot of exciting new features and so far the gameplay videos look stunning. If the mechanics keep up with the improvements, this could be a grand slam for Sony and with Bloodborne might be enough to convince user to buy a PS4.MLB 15 The Show is available on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, but there are important differences to the games on each platform, even though the names are the same.
Keep reading to learn what buyers need to know about the MLB 15 The Show release date and other important details about the MLB 15 The Show release overall.
MLB 15 The Show Release Date
MLB 15 The Show is available on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. The MLB 15 The Show release date is Tuesday March 31st. You can buy the game online or in store. There is no need to pre-order the game — but if you want the MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition you will want to look for it close to the release as some times we see special editions disappear after a few weeks.
There is no early access to MLB 15 The Show that we know of, so you will need to wait for the MLB 15 The Show release date to arrive before you can play this game.
Sony delivers a simultaneous release on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. MLB 15 The Show for PS4 is $59.99, but if you are on PS3 it is only $39.99 because you don’t get the full experience. The MLB 15 The Show PS Vita version is just $19.99.
MLB 15 The Show Deals[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00QO4JQGK” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”gbm-ea-20″]There are not a lot of MLB 15 The Show deals, but there are a few opportunities to save when you buy the game at release. unfortunately the 10% off PSN coupon code doesn’t work on pre-orders and ends before the MLB 15 The Show release date, but there are some options.
Update: All the MLB 15 The Show Deals
Leaks suggest Target plans to offer a Buy One Get One 50% off on all PlayStation games from March 29th through April 4th. If this is the case you can buy MLB 15 The Show and another game like Battlefield Hardline or BloodBorne and save $30 on the deal overall. That’s not too shabby, but you do need to buy two games.
At Best Buy there is no $10 reward bonus, but Gamers Club Unlocked members can save 20%, knocking the pice down to $48. If you buy a lot of games, the $30 entry fee for Gamer’s Club Unlocked is worth looking into.
Midnight MLB 15 The Show Release Events
If you are a huge fan you might be tempted to go wait in line at a midnight MLB 15 The Show release date event, but we cannot find any specific events. GameStop does not list an event and neither does Best Buy.
If you want to get MLB 15 The Show at midnight you will need to go to a 24-hour store like Walmart or some Targets to pick up a copy as soon as March 31st arrives. Check with your local store to make sure this will work.
Digital MLB 15 The Show Release & Preload
If you buy the MLB 15 The Show digital version on the PSN store you can pre-load the game and start playing at midnight Eastern. Sony offers the standard version and the MLB 15 The Show Anniversary Edition as well.
You can buy the game now and it will pre-load before midnight. This means you don’t need to download and install it on the release day. Instead you can just start playing.
MLB 15 The Show Pre-Order Bonuses
There are two main MLB 15 The Show pre-order bonuses. If you pre-order from GameStop you get six Bonus Item Packs. If you aren’t familiar with these, GameStop offers the following description, “Item Packs contain 8 total items: 6 MLB Player cards and 2 items that can be Equipment, Ritual Items, Franchise Sponsorships, or Stadiums.” This is the only place we’ve found this deal.
No matter where you pre-order you get a code for a free MLB team skin for your DualShock 4 controller. You can pick your favorite team and wrap your PS4 controller in a beautiful branded skin. This is not available for PS3 or PS Vita versions.
Is the MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition Worth Buying?
For $10 more you can buy the MLB 15 The Show Anniversary Edition. Sony made a big deal about this $10 more expensive option including over $100 in extras, but the actual value to most users is less than that. Unless of course you plan to use each of the 30 MLB PS4 themes that are included. The real value comes from the Stubs, Bonus Item packs and two themes that most owners will use. Here’s what you get:
- 12,000 Stubs – You can use the stubs to buy in-game items in The Road to the Show game mode.
- 15 Bonus Item Packs – Each bonus pack includes 6 MLB player cards and 2 items including equipment, ritual items, franchise sponsorships or stadiums.
- 31 PS4 Themes – With this special edition you get a PS4 Dynamic theme for each MLB team and a MLB 15 theme.
The overall value for most users, with the in-game bonus items and two themes that they might use is about $32. That’s a $10 real world cost, which makes it worth while for anyone plans to play the Road to The Show portion of the game.
MLB 15 The Show Gameplay Videos
Watch the MLB 15 The Show gameplay video above to watch PS4 MLB 15 The Show gameplay in several stadiums so you can see what the game will look like.
The playlist of MLB 15 The Show videos below walks you through a variety of features and includes real life players using in game versions of themselves to play The Show.
Why You Should Buy MLB 15 The Show on PS4
MLB 15 The Show for PS4 isn’t $20 more than the PS3 version just because Sony loves money. There are several graphical upgrades that you will only see on the PS4 version.
- Real-time seasonal sun and shadows
- Player Skin tone realism. More variations of skin tones with gloss and specular improvements
- Revamped night lighting
- More accurate and photorealistic rendering system
- PS4 gets 10 more Minor League stadiums
In short, it’s time to upgrade to a PS4. If you own both a PS4 and a PS3 and thought about saving the $20, this is what you will miss if you buy for the older console.
MLB 15 The Show Demo
Don’t hold out hope for a MLB 15 The Show demo to arrive anytime soon, or at all. Sony did not offer one for MLB 14 The Show and has not offered one for several years.
If you want to try the MLB 15 The Show before you buy you need to rent it or you will need to use the SharePlay feature to try a friend’s copy.
What’s New in MLB 15 The Show
Sony delivers a lot of new MLB 15 The Show features. There is a new directional hitting interface for for all versions of the game and a new Home Run Derby mode, better commentary on the PS3 and PS4 and an instant replay system to challenge close calls. The PS4 version delivers better looking stadium experience as well. The list below outlines what’s new in MLB 15 The Show on PS4 and PS3.
- Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
- Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
- User controlled cut offs
- All new slide and tag system
- New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
- Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
- Dynamic pitch breaks: allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
- Simplified Analog swing controls
- Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
- New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base
- More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
- New Input Type option for hitting
If that’s not enough there are 31 other new MLB 15 The Show features that you will notice while you play. The Show Nation shares these, listed below.
- More than 90 new personal batting stances
- More than 120 batting stance re-captures
- More than 50 new personal pitching motions
- More than 120 pitching motion re-captures
- More than 45 new signature HR swings
- More than 900 new presentation animations
- More than 700 new gameplay animations
- Editable Contracts (Franchise mode)
- Player contract interest improved (based on MLB service time) (Franchise mode)
- Player salary guide (Franchise mode)
- GM History records (Franchise mode)
- Trade Finder (Franchise mode)
- Vastly improved trade logic (Franchise mode)
- New crowd placement logic to reduce fans sitting in “cheap” seats
- New Quick Shifts feature and revamped Defensive Positioning screen
- Quick Counts balancing adjustments (I.E. less 3-2 counts, pitchers start with 1-1 counts, etc.)
- Four new brands for Fielding Gloves. Each brand has three different styles.
- Four new brands for Bats. Each brand has three different styles.
- Four new brands for Batting Gloves. Three brands have three styles and one brand has two styles.
- Three new brands for Cleats. Each brand has three different styles.
- Updated shin guard, new “Without foot guard” option added.
- Updated batting helmet with no flaps to pay homage to Old Time players. (PS4 Only)
- New Necklace accessory with Thin or Thick as options. (PS4 Only)
- Wrist tape has now been separated into left and right wrists with a new “Long” wrist tape option added.
- New “Extra Wide” wristband AND armband option added. (PS4 Only)
- New Base runner Wrist Guard accessory added. (PS4 Only)
- New “Stirrup Low” Pant Style option added. (PS4 Only)
- ***anese and slap-hitter swing types now selectable (PS4 Only)
- Left analog stick bunting influence
- Hours of new custom stadium and ambiance music (over 40 new tracks)
- RTTS camera improvements after the ball is in play
This is a long list of changes, but it’s not the only reason you will want to upgrade from MLB 14 The Show.
Big Reason to Upgrade from MLB 14
You won’t get much more than $10 for your MLB 14 trade in value, but there is a big reason to upgrade. If you like to play online you only have a limited about of time to play MLB 14 The Show online.
Sony announced that the MLB 14 The Show online service will stop in June 2015, just over a year after the release. It’s not clear if MLB 15 will see the same time-frame, but if you want to play ball on the PS4 and PS3 this summer you’ll need MLB 15 The Show.