DICE’s released a new Battlefield 1 patch and this guide will take you through everything you need to know about the Battlefield 1 November update which also known as the Operation Campaigns update.
The November Battlefield 1 update is finally out of testing and it’s been deployed to all three platforms after some multiplayer server downtime.
This month’s Battlefield 1 patch is a little bigger than October update and supplies Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC owners with a nice mix of fixes and features.
November Battlefield 1 Update Size
DICE’s new Battlefield 1 update is a pretty substantial download. It’s also a mandatory download for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC.
If you’re planning to play Battlefield 1 today you’re looking at a 2.73GB download on the Windows PC, a 3.8GB download on the Xbox One, and a 3.6GB download on the PlayStation 4. It’s about the same size as last month’s patch.
If you don’t have a ton of space available on your console or Windows PC you’ll might need to clean out some space in order to install the update.
November Battlefield 1 Update Live Stream
If you’re going to be at work or class all day tomorrow and you’ve got a few minutes of free time, you’ll want to tune into DICE’s live stream.
The developer will kick off its Operations Campaign Live Stream at 8PM UTC/1PM PDT on November 8th with some special guests and DICE developers.
Originally, the October update was going to be the company’s Operations Campaign update. That obviously didn’t pan out.
The November update is now the Operations Campaign update which means the patch delivers some big changes to the popular game mode.
This month’s update expands “on the frontline clashes between attackers and defenders, stringing together multiple Operations and adding unique rewards to the mix.”
DICE’s first Operation Campaign is called Eastern Storm and it combines two Operations from Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar DLC: Brusilov Offensive and Red Tide.
Eastern Storm is available to Premium Pass holders and those who own the standalone Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar expansion. This campaign ends on November 22nd.
Later on in the month, the developer will add another campaign called Fall of Empires. Fall of Empires is a combination of Iron Walls and Conquer Hell , two maps from the base game.
Those who complete the active Operation Campaign (by scoring enough points before it expires) will earn a special Battlepack. Players who score 30,000 points on Brusilov Offensive and Red Tide will claim the Operations Battlepack.
There’s also a new Operation Campaigns codex.
Battlefield 1 is now compatible with Dolby’s High Dynamic Range standard. If you own a compatible graphics card and/or TV, you can take advantage of Dolby Vision HDR colors and brightness.
Thanks to the November patch, Nivelle Nights from the They Shall Not Pass DLC is now available for all players.
The night map is a fan favorite and it puts you onto the battlefields around Malmaison and Soupir as either the French or German army.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
DICE’s November update delivers a nice list of bug fixes for lingering Battlefield 1 problems, tweaks to the game’s balance, and some upgrades to the Rent-A-Server Program (RSP).
Here’s the full list of changes:
- RSP administrators can now restart the current running level on their server, which will fully reload the level and reset destruction.
- RSP administrators can now select another level to load when choosing to restart the match.
- RSP administrators can now add up to 32 maps in a rotation.
- Players are now able to track all five active Medals at the same time.
- New weapon skins coming to a Battlepack near you!
UI & HUD
- Fixed an issue that caused in-game player icons to become transparent.
- Fixed an issue where some players found themselves stuck on the globe screen.
- Possible fix for an issue where players occasionally experienced a red tint when taking damage, regardless of health status.
- Removed the HUD of a multiplayer feature, Specializations, from appearing in single player and hardcore experiences.
- Fixed an issue where the supply drop icon would render multiple times on the Table Top view, in Spectator mode.
- Improved the Gamepad Control Schemes options screen, to display when there are more than two actions mapped to a single button.
- Fixed an issue where weapons and gadgets would sometimes show older icons when button mappings/key bindings were changed.
- Fixed key binding issue when using the 305/52 O Coastal Gun.
- Removed duplicate AT Grenade icon from Elite Class Weapons & Gadgets.
- Addressed an issue with a missing ammo counter while on a horse.
- Fixed an alignment issue in the netgraph UI.
Weapons, Vehicles & Gadgets
- If resupplied, the Scout class now has the ability to place a second tripwire of each type (i.e. gas, incendiary, bomb HE), without cancelling the first.
- Fixed an issue where throwing certain gadgets onto vehicles could result in uncharacteristically large impact sounds.
- Added the Mosin Nagant M91 as the standard issue rifle for the Russian and Bolshevik factions in custom games.
- Fixed an issue where auto-reload would sometimes add an extra bullet in the chamber on some weapons.
- Adjusted the brightness of smoke and muzzle flashes on semi-auto rifles.
- Fixed an issue that was prohibiting grenades from being replenished with an ammo pouch/crate.
- Fixed an issue where some players could activate the speed boost in air planes without unlocking the ability first.
Maps & Modes
- Fixed issue with supply drops landing on Galicia bridge negatively affecting players.
- Adjusted the Red Tide Operation layout in Volga River, providing more options of approach for attackers.
- Improved Conquest layout, spawns, and capture zones on Brusilov Keep for better balance.
- Removed Elite pickups from Team Deathmatch in Argonne Forest.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced the inability to unmount the FK.96 Field Gun in Argonne Forest.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mother’s voice to cutoff while transitioning to 2nd map in the Red Tide Operation.
- Improved an issue where the globe would sometimes display when transitioning between maps in an Operation.
- When deploying on a squadmate and the squadmate dies while the camera is transitioning, the deploy will now be cancelled and player will return to deploy screen.
- When deploying directly into gas the gasmask will now automatically activate.
- When deploying directly into the air the parachute will now automatically activate.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where players could become invisible.
- Reduced the camera shake when taking damage.
- Addressed an issue that caused servers to reset when playing Operations, resulting in players returning to the frontend with a “Server is under maintenance” message.
- Fixed an issue that prohibited players from spawning with various weapons and vehicles in pre-round.
- Fixed an issue where a Squad Leader promotion count down occurred during the end of round screens.
- Fixed an issue that reset Vsync refresh rates to the desktop refresh rate.
DICE is starting to talk a little bit more about the Turning Tides DLC, the expansion that will follow the November patch.
Turning Tides is still on track for a release in December though only part of the DLC will be released in December. The rest of the DLC, which includes the Heligoland Bight map, Zeebrugge map, and the British Empire: Royal Marines faction, will arrive in January.
DICE used its August update to deliver the first map from the In the Name of the Tsar DLC, but don’t expect Turning Tides content to arrive in the November update.
For more on the Turning Tides DLC, take a look at our roundup below.
Turning Tides North Sea Download Size
DICE's North Sea Turning Tides content has finally rolled out alongside the developer's January update. The January update, like the December update, is a big one for all consoles and all players.
If you plan on playing the game and Turning Tides North Sea you'll need to download a significant update to your console of choice. Here's what you can expect:
Again, this Battlefield 1 update is a mandatory patch for all players, not just those who own the game's Premium Pass.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.