Bethesda’s rolling out a huge Fallout 76 update to the Xbox One, PS4, and Windows PC and it delivers a long list of fixes for bugs and performance issues.
The long list Fallout 76 problems includes minor bugs, connection issues, issues with graphics, crashes, and a variety of other performance problems. Fortunately, the company isn’t sitting on its hands.
Bethesda’s rolling out the first major Fallout 76 update and the patch should improve the experience on all three platforms.
In this guide we’ll take you through everything you need to know about the November Fallout 76 patch including its size, version numbers, and fixes
Fallout 76 November Update
Bethesda’s November 19th Fallout 76 patch has a different version number for each platform.
If you’re playing the game on Xbox One, the patch is known as 126.96.36.199. If you’re playing the game on PS4, the patch is known as 188.8.131.52. And if you’re playing on a Windows PC, your patch is known as PC: 184.108.40.206.
Fallout 76 November Update Size
As expected, the November Fallout 76 patch require a massive download. In fact, the download is so big that you’re essentially re-downloading the game.
When you go to play Fallout 76 today you’ll be prompted to download a 48 GB patch. This is a mandatory update for all Fallout 76 players.
If you don’t have a lot of space free on your console or Windows PC, you might need to make room for the patch by deleting files you no longer need.
If you encounter slow download speeds, try plugging an ethernet cord into the back of your PC, PS4, or Xbox One.
We expect future Fallout 76 updates to much smaller than this one.
The November patch is comprised of two main components: General fixes and bug fixes for very specific problems. The patch’s general fixes are divided into three categories:
- Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Xbox: Fixed an issue that could lead to instability on certain menus.
As for the bug fixes, here’s what Bethesda’s patched up with this update. The list includes fixes for graphical issues, UI issues, and quests.
Art & Graphics
- Ambient Occlusion: Placed items no longer leave behind shadow outlines after being picked up.
- Camera: The game camera now pans more smoothly when the player enters furniture.
- Graphics: The cover of Tesla Science magazine Issue 9 no longer appears solid red on pickup, or when inspected.
- General: Fixed an issue in which some enemies could chase the player farther than intended.
- Loot: Ghoul and Scorched Officers now correctly drop nuke code pieces upon being killed by a player.
C.A.M.P., Workshops & Crafitng
- Blueprints: Fixed an issue that could cause Blueprints to break into smaller parts after logging out and back in to Fallout 76.
- Plans: Paints applied to Power Armor during the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. will now appear correctly on the items that were painted, and those paints can now correctly be applied to additional sets of Power Armor.
- Repair: Fixed an issue that could cause an item to return to a broken state after being repaired.
- Bureau of Tourism: The Prickett’s Fort Token Dispenser can now be repaired, and players can no longer walk through it.
- Pacifist Mode: Players with Pacifist Mode enabled who engage in PVP by contesting a Workshop owned by another player will now correctly deal full damage to that player as long as they remain hostile.
- Respawn: Choosing the “Respawn” option after dying during PVP combat will now correctly clear any active hostile status toward other players.
- Seek Revenge: Cap rewards will now display correctly when choosing the “Seek Revenge” respawn option after being killed by another player.
- Seek Revenge: When targeted by another player who is seeking revenge, the reward amount will now display the correct number of Caps that can be earned by killing that player.
- Languages: Korean fonts will now be displayed correctly in game menus.
- Hotkeys: The “Take Photo” hotkey can no longer be rebound and is now tied to the space bar on PC and the A button on controllers.
- Hotkeys: Fixed an issue that could cause the “Take Snapshot” button in Photomode to display an incorrect hotkey.
- Social: Fixed an issue that could cause players to disappear from each other’s social menus if two players each sent a friend invite to one another.
- Social: Fixed an issue that prevented newly equipped Player Icons from displaying to other players in the Social Menu.
Given the number of issues still plaguing Fallout 76, we expect Bethesda to roll out frequent patches as we push toward the end of the year.
The company will make the announcements on its social media pages so you’ll want to keep your eyes out as we make our way into December.
If you can’t wait, you’ll want to try and fix the issues on your own. We’ve put together a list of fixes for the most common Fallout 76 problems and it’s a great place to start if you can’t wait for Bethesda.
In addition to bug fixes, future Fallout 76 updates will bring:
- Stash Limit Increase.
- Push to Talk for PC.
- Ultrawide Support for PC: 21:9 support.
- FOV Slider for PC.
Buy If You Love Online Games & Fallout
If you like the sound of an online Fallout-style RPG, you might want to buy a copy of Fallout 76.
It's much different than the Fallout games you're used to, but it still has quests, a leveling system, V.A.T.S. (though it's nothing like the V.A.T.S. from previous games) and tons of enemies to kill just like Bethesda's traditional single-player RPGs.
It also has base building (dubbed C.A.M.P.), something Bethesda introduced in Fallout 4 back in 2015. Fallout 76 allows you to build anywhere on the map.
Fallout 76 is more Fallout Online/Elder Scrolls Online than Fallout 5. If sharing an open, evolving Fallout world with friends sounds amazing, think about buying a copy of the game today, tomorrow, or sometime in the near future.
Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Update Info (2020)
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 10 update rolling out and new info starting to emerge, we want to take you...
Best Work From Home Jobs to Make Money Online in 2020
You can make money online by finding legit work from home jobs. I’ve been working from home for almost a...