While many of you will want to explore Fallout 76 without any assistance, others might benefit from picking up a full length guide.
Fallout 76’s world is four times the size of Fallout 4’s. If you’ve ever played Fallout 4, you know just how big that is. If you haven’t, it means there’s a whole lot to do and a whole lot to see.
While some people love to play through games unassisted, some of you might want help tracking down quests, items, and locations. Having this information in front of you can help you level up faster and avoid potential headaches, particularly if you don’t have a ton of time to invest in the game.
Now that Fallout 76 is out, we’ve seen a bunch of unofficial guides appear online. Unfortunately, these guides are often confusing and disjointed. This is one reason why you might want to invest in an official Fallout 76 strategy guide.
Official strategy guides are typically more polished and offer accurate, great-looking information about quests, enemies, characters, gameplay elements, and items.
There are three versions of the official Fallout 76 guide. There’s a standard edition, there’s a Collector’s Edition, and there’s a Platinum Edition for those who want a bundle of collectibles.
If you decide you want to buy an official guide to Fallout 76, allow us to walk you through each option and help you decide which is right for you and your budget.
Fallout 76 Standard Edition Guide
The standard edition is the most basic version of the Fallout 76 guide and also the cheapest.
The $30 softcover guide comes with 554 pages of information about Fallout 76 including:
- Detailed training, character creation guidance, and combat strategies.
- Breakdowns of every quest, plus analysis of how your choices will affect your experiences in Fallout 76.
- Fully labeled maps and detailed information on every wasteland location.
- Guides on how to create shelter and necessary supplies with the new Construction and Assembly Mobile Platform.
- Comprehensive multiplayer coverage.
The standard edition also nets you a digital version of the guide that you can access from your computer, phone, or tablet whenever you need to. The code for the free digital guide is included.
This is the guide most people should buy and you might be able to find a deal through a retailer like Amazon if you keep your eyes open as we push away from the game’s release date.
Fallout 76 Collector’s Edition Guide
The Collector’s Edition is for those who want a little bit nicer.
There are a few differences between the standard edition and the Collector’s Edition. First off, it’s $50, or just $10 less than the full retail price of Fallout 76 itself.
Spending the extra cash gets you a West Virginia Poster Map that’s thoroughly labeled with with important locations, points of interest, and resources you’ll need on your journey.
The Collector’s Edition also comes with unique cover art and full-color end sheets. The hard cover version of the guide is printed on bright, heavyweight paper which adds some pop to the art, maps, and screenshots.
Like the standard edition, the Collector’s Edition is 554 pages and it also comes with a code for a free digital guide for your computer, phone, or tablet.
If you want the best looking version of the guide, this is the version you’ll want to go with. We could definitely see a deal drop the price well below $50 this fall so keep an eye out if you don’t want to pay full price.
Fallout 76 Platinum Edition Guide
There’s also a new Platinum Edition guide that comes with a bundle of collectibles. It’s pricer than the others, but it’s the option for rabid Fallout 76 fans.
Amazon is currently selling the Fallout 76 Platinum Edition guide for $68.99 which is 40% off the guide’s $115 suggested retail price.
For $69 you get:
- Collector’s Case: Safely hold your collectibles in a premium slipcase with foil-accented logo and magnetic closure.
- Numbered Art Print: Original Fallout 76 concept art printed on 7.75” x 9.75” high-quality paper.
- Three Mini-Journals: Reach for one of these pocket-sized notebooks the next time you need to scribble down a nuclear code! Each journal features Tricentennial-themed cover art and 64 pages of either blank, lined, or grid paper.
- Appalachia Regional Postcard Pack: From the wooded slopes of the forests of Appalachia to the noxious crimson expanses of the Cranberry Bog, commemorate your travels through West Virginia with this custom six-postcard pack featuring art from each game region.
- Local Brew Beverage Coasters: Labels from all five in-game varieties of beer adorn these durable coasters.
- Premium Double-sided Map Poster: Over 850 primary and secondary locations are labeled on this 22.5” x 36” poster map. Wander with purpose using this comprehensive overview of important locales and the collectibles they hold!
- Collector’s Edition Guide with Alternate Cover and Treatments: This version of the hardcover guide, with alternate cover art and endsheets, plus a ribbon bookmark and matching endbands, can only be found inside the Platinum Edition.
It also comes with a free digital guide.
Amazon says the bundle arrives on December 14th, just before the holidays.
Buy If You Love Online Games & Fallout
If you like the sound of an online Fallout-style RPG, you might want to buy a copy of Fallout 76.
It's much different than the Fallout games you're used to, but it still has quests, a leveling system, V.A.T.S. (though it's nothing like the V.A.T.S. from previous games) and tons of enemies to kill just like Bethesda's traditional single-player RPGs.
It also has base building (dubbed C.A.M.P.), something Bethesda introduced in Fallout 4 back in 2015. Fallout 76 allows you to build anywhere on the map.
Fallout 76 is more Fallout Online/Elder Scrolls Online than Fallout 5. If sharing an open, evolving Fallout world with friends sounds amazing, think about buying a copy of the game today, tomorrow, or sometime in the near future.
4 Reasons Not to Install macOS Mojave & 10 Reasons You Should Install 10.14.1
The macOS Mojave update could completely change how you use your Mac. Many users will want to install the free update...
How to Take an ECG on the Apple Watch
This guide will show you how to take an ECG with the Apple Watch 4. This is a new feature...