“Should I buy the Oculus Quest?” is a question I hear a lot as more consumers learn about this new standalone VR headset. It’s a question I was asking myself up until I decided to pull the trigger and buy one.
This guide will help you decide if you should buy the Oculus Quest in 2020 or if you should wait or look at alternatives.
The Oculus Quest is a VR headset that includes everything you need to play in the box. You can buy the Oculus Quest for $399 with 64GB of storage and $499 with 128GB. In April 2020, it is still tough to find the Quest in stock at these prices, but you can pay a premium or you can wait until you find one in stock.
Here’s our guide on how much Oculus Quest storage you need and how to find it in stock. There are already a lot of Oculus Quest accessories available. If you’re still learning about this VR headset, we have a full rundown of what the Oculus Quest can do. This will help you understand the full value of this headset.
Here’s a closer look at the reasons to buy the Oculus Quest;
- Enjoy VR without a Computer
- Cheaper than Traditional VR Setups
- Good Selection of Games
- Consumer Friendly Game Return Policy
- Portable and Easy to Get Started With
- Official Streaming from Your PC Support
- Controllers are a Game Changer
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
- Oculus Quest requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world.
There are also some reasons not to buy the Oculus Quest yet.
- Still an Early VR Product
- It’s Expensive Compared to a PS4 or Xbox One S
- Battery Life is Only 2 Hours
Read on in the sections below to learn more about why you should buy the Oculus Quest and why you should wait.
Last update on 2020-12-15. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API