DICE’s rolled out a new Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch to fix some of the glaring problems on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC.
The first official Star Wars Battlefront 2 update is live and the .02 patch alleviates some of the issues that popped up shortly after the game’s release in mid-November.
The developer’s first patch addresses critical gameplay issues and user interface problems that popped up for gamers on all three platforms.
The .02 update also brings major improvements to the games stability. Early Star Wars Battlefront problems include crashes, freezes, lockups, and stuttering.
In this guide we’ll take you through everything you need to know about the first major Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 .02 Update Size
If you’re planning to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 today or in the future, you’ll have to download the game’s .02 patch. Fortunately, it’s not going to take up hundreds of GBs on your console’s hard drive.
The exact size of the .02 update will vary based on region and platform. It only took us a few minutes to download onto the Xbox One in the United States over a fast Wi-Fi connection.
You shouldn’t have to clear out much space on your hard drive, but if you find yourself having to delete files to make room for a bug fix patch, it might be time to invest in an external hard drive.
There are a ton of inexpensive external hard drives out there, but this 2TB portable external hard drive from Seagate is one of our favorites. It’s dependable and affordable.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 .02 Update: What’s New
DICE’s .02 patch doesn’t bring any new features (unless you count updated art for Star Cards) to Star Wars Battlefront, you’ll have to wait until December for that content, but it does bring a nice list of bug fixes to the table.
The patch is a mix of fixes for gameplay issues, UI and HUD problems, and some general fixes for bugs. Here’s the full list for all three platforms:
- Reduced the spawn wave timer on Strike from 10 to 5 seconds.
- Tweaked spawn positions on Tatooine.
- Fixed an issue where the players would sometimes not be able to deploy as the AT-AT.
- Fixed an issue where Rey’s lightsaber would sometimes disappear.
- Fixed an issue where joining a game after getting a friend invite would trigger the incorrect camera view.
- Fixed an issue where footprint marks would sometimes leave strange lines on the ground when walking.
- Fixed an issue in Starfighter Assault where killstreaks would not calculate correctly.
- Fixed an issue where weapon VFX went out of sync when quickly transitioning between 1st and 3rd person camera.
- Fixed an issue where the NT-242 would cause too much damage against the AAT.
- Fixed an issue where controller input would be lost intermittently in the UI.
- Fixed an issue where the charge would float in mid-air on certain objectives in Strike.
- Fixed an issue in single player where some objectives did not trigger as intended, causing players to get stuck on certain objectives.
- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren’s appearance reverts to the default version after he has been eliminated.
- Fixed an issue that prevented player to deploy in the AT-RT during the first phase of Galactic Assault on Hoth.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would not update correctly on Strike.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the environment on Jakku while playing Strike.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes get stuck in the loading screen while loading the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players could interact with game mode objectives from greater distances than intended.
- Fixed an issue where certain HUD element were visible when in ADS while playing campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players would get progress toward Bossk specific milestones when playing as Han Solo.
- Fixed an issue where the TL-50 alternate fire loses functionality until fired again when swapping back and forth between weapons during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menus when reloading checkpoints in the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where the AAT would sometimes spawn beneath the MTT in Galactic Assault, rendering it unable to move.
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze if players attempt to pause the game at certain zone transitions.
- Fixed several graphical and texture issues that would occur during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue that would cause texture flickering on Multi-GPU configurations
User Interface & HUD
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap in the Crate opening screen.
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap in the Star Cards Trait description screen.
- Fixed an issue where text would have bad line breaks in the account sign-up flows.
- Fixed an issue where card names are cut off incorrectly in the Equip & Craft screens.
- Fixed an issue where certain Hero names overflows in the Character select screen in Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where several ability names have bad line breaks in the Collection screen.
- Fixed an issue where switching between screens would sometimes cause problems with the UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Social Hub system to behave incorrectly if a players account had more than 100 friends.
- Fixed an issue where Weapons & Star Cards equipped on Iden from the Character screen does not reflect in-game.
- Fixed an issue where some Star Cards would be available without their required Star Level being achieved.
- Fixed an issue where progress is not tracked correctly in the UI for certain milestones.
- Fixed several typos or incorrect information displayed in the Trooper Milestones.
- Fixed several issues where localized text did not appear correctly in certain screens.
- Fixed several issues where text would have spelling errors for certain languages.
- Updated art for certain Star Cards.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s saved data would be erased if starting the game with no controllers connected.
- Fixed several clipping issues that would occur during the campaign.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed several collisions issues.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 .02 Update Problems
It’s early, but it looks like the patch is already causing problems for Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC users.
@DICE_FireWall. Star wars battlefront 2 is a great game, but this new update seems to have some bugs, I got 20,788 score and got 0 credits please can you sort this out. Thanks pic.twitter.com/Vf7lT8lFSu
— Bruce Latham (@BruceY_1302) November 21, 2017
Right out of the gate we’re hearing and seeing complaints about performance issues and bugs. Some of these problems are new, others have carried over from the previous version of the game.
It’s unclear when DICE will deliver the game’s next update so you’ll need to find a manual fix for these issues while you wait.
We’ve put together a short list of fixes for the most common Star Wars Battlefront 2 problems and they’re worth a look if you’re seeing trouble with the .02 patch.
This bug fix update will likely hold Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC users over until December when DICE plans to release the first Star Wars Battlefront 2 Season.
Battlefront 2’s The Last Jedi DLC kicks off on December 5th though the new content, which includes characters and maps, will launch on December 13th.
For more information about the first season, take a look at our roundup below.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 The Last Jedi Release Date
The Star Wars Battlefront 2 The Last Jedi Season kicks off on December 5th.
On the December 5th, players will need to align themselves with one of two factions: The First Order or the Resistance. Choosing one or the other will allow you to take advantage of special challenges. Successfully completing these challenges will grant your faction specific rewards.
The first challenge will take place on December 5th and the Season's last challenge, a Weekend Challenge, will take place on December 29th. In other words, you'll have a full month of challenges and activities to complete.
As for the DLC's actual content, well, that comes a little later during week 2 of the first Season. The first downloadable content arrives on December 13th.
Weeks 3 and 4, which kick off on December 20th and December 27th respectively, are focused on challenges rather than delivering new content.