Are you planning to buy Madden 20? If you are, there are some things you should plan on doing this week and next to make sure you start with all the extras available and to make sure you get the right edition at the best price. This applies even if you plan to play Madden 20 early.
While many Madden players, including myself, come back every year, some gamers may be wading back into Madden after a few years off. Whether you are a hardcore or a casual player, there are some things you need to do before the Madden 20 release date.
You can pre-order Madden 20 right now and there are even some excellent Madden 20 deals ahead of the release date. We’ll focus on where to keep looking for those and what you need to do in Madden 19 before the new game arrives.
Here are the things I am going to do before the Madden 20 release date, and what you can do to get the most out of the new game on day one. I’m still trying to decide which edition I will buy, but I am leaning towards the Superstar edition. Here’s a breakdown of all the Madden 20 editions and if the Madden 20 Ultimate Superstar edition is worth buying.
Play Madden 19
If you’ve played Madden NFL 17, 18 or 19, you are eligible for Madden Rewards MVP bonuses. You can earn up to 3 Madden NFL 20 Loyalty Rewards Fantasy Packs with each contain six NAT 82 OVR Elite players. Borrow a friend’s copy or download from EA Access and play a game or two so you get the rewards. These include;
- 82 OVR NAT Devonta Freeman (HB)
- 82 OVR NAT Shaq Mason (G)
- 82 OVR NAT Tyrann Mathieu (S)
- 82 OVR NAT Demarcus Lawrence (LE)
- 82 OVR NAT JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR)
- 82 OVR NAT Demario Davis (LB)
This appears to replace the rewards that went by the number of packs you opened in Madden 19, but you may also want to make sure you open up any remaining packs in Madden 19 before the Madden 20 release date. Just in case.
Watch for Madden 20 Deals
We still haven’t seen a major Madden 20 deal like we’ve seen in previous years at Best Buy for Madden games. It’s looking like that trade-in and save deal will not happen, but it is still worth looking for.
Amazon is selling Madden 20 for $50.94 on disk. Click here to save $9 on Madden 20 for PS4 or Xbox One. This is only on the standard edition.
At Newegg, you can save 10% on Madden 20 for the Xbox One when you buy the digital version. This is good on the Standard, Superstar and Ultimate Superstar edition.
We’re holding out hope for a Best Buy deal or some eBay deals.
Decide If You’ll Pre-Order Madden 20
You can pre-order Madden 20, but you don’t have to do so to get most of these items. Yes, there are pre-order bonuses at GameStop, but most of the bonus items are things you pay for with the more expensive Madden 20 editions.
We know almost everything about the game except for the full reviews and how grindy MUT will be this year. Here are the new Madden 20 features that you need to know about.
I used to buy Madden at Best Buy every year with Gamers Club Unlocked and reward credits, but this year it’s looking like a digital purchase with the EA Access discount.
Play Madden 20 on EA Access or Origin Access
With both options, you can play the full Madden 20 game five days early starting on Thursday, July 25th. Here’s more on how to play Madden 20 early.
Buy a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X If You Can
Madden games look better on the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X. This is a fact, and it’s been this way since Madden 18. This continues for Madden 20, and it is a good reason to upgrade. You’ll get the best looking version of Madden available if you go this route. Here are the latest deals at Amazon.
- Heighten your experiences. Enrich your adventures. Let the super charged PS4 Pro lead the way
- 4K TV Gaming - PS4 Pro outputs gameplay to your 4K TV
- More HD Power - Turn on Boost Mode to give PS4 games access to the increased power of PS4 Pro
- HDR Technology- With an HDR TV, compatible PS4 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colors
- Bundle includes: Xbox One X console, wireless controller, full-game download of NBA 2K19, 1-month Xbox Game Pass trial, and 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial
- Celebrate 20 years of redefining sports gaming with the #1-rated NBA video game simulation series in incredible 4K with HDR
- Enjoy instant access to over 100 games out of the box with the included one-month trial of Xbox Game Pass
- Watch 4K Blu-ray movies; stream 4K video on Netflix, and YouTube, among others; and listen to music with Spotify
- With hundreds of Xbox One X Enhanced games, immersive true 4K gaming, and 40% more power than any other console, there's never been a better time to game with Xbox One X
Last update on 2019-07-24. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read our disclosure policy for more details. Images via Amazon API
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 12 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin on your iPhone. There are also...
Brydge Pro Review: The Best iPad Pro Keyboard You Can Buy
The Brydge Pro keyboard for the 2018 iPad Pro is the best iPad Pro keyboard that you can buy. I’ve...