The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have some exciting features. Plug these devices into your television and you can play games, listen to music, browse the internet, stream Netflix and watch live TV. Be sure to read Gotta Be Mobile’s Xbox One S review if you’re thinking about purchasing one. Use our detailed One S vs One X breakdown to compare how the One S is different from the Xbox One X, Microsoft’s most expensive console.
What is the Xbox One?
Every Xbox One is a set-top box and gaming system that you connect to your TV. Each system comes with an HDMI cable, a power cable and an Xbox Wireless Controller. You also get a free trial to Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service and Xbox Live Gold service.
Xbox One is a great way to play video games. Either play hundreds of single players games without an internet connection or connect to Xbox Live and play games with millions of other Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers. Thanks to Xbox Game Pass and EA Access, you can instantly build a huge gaming library for very little cash.
Microsoft sells two Xbox consoles today. Xbox One S is the cheapest way to game and stay entertained. Models start at $250. If you want the best performance and 4K graphics, you buy the Xbox One X. It costs $499.99 and doesn’t come with any free games. The company no longer sells the original Xbox One.
If you want to watch a video or listen to music, all Xbox One models have access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, Spotify, Pandora and dozens of other apps. The videos you buy on your Windows 10 PC, play on Xbox, and every Xbox One is a Blu-Ray player, DVD player and CD player.
What Can Xbox One Consoles Do?
To get the most out of an Xbox One, you need the latest software update. Microsoft provides those updates free when you connect the console to Xbox Live. Here are all the things an Xbox One can do with the latest software updates.
- Play Your Games on Any Xbox
- Play With Windows 10 Gamers
- Share Screenshots and Videos on Twitter and Facebook
- Watch TV
- Change Settings with Cortana
- Create Your Own Club
- Browse the Internet
- Enjoy Windows Store Apps from Your PC
- Play Music While You Game
- Quickly Find People to Play With
- Play Original Xbox and Xbox 360 Games
- Play Games in 4K on Xbox One X
- Watch 4K Videos on Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- Stream With Mixer
- Let Someone Help You In Your Games
- Compete Against Other Players in Tournaments
- Video & Audio Call Friends with Skype
- Listen to Music, Watch TV or Game Without Disturbing Someone
- Game with Nintendo Switch and iPhone Players
- Save Money on Games with Xbox Game Pass
5 Reasons to Pre-Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & 3 Reasons To Wait
Should you pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? We can help you decide if you should pre-order Call of Duty...
10 Best Surface Pro Alternatives in 2019
There are Surface Pro alternatives that offer lower prices, more battery life, more storage and include the accessories you need...