The new Apple TV app is now available for Samsung Smart TVs. This is the first time the app's been available for a product outside Apple's ecosystem.
On top of that, Samsung's smart televisions also get AirPlay 2 support which allows iPhone and iPad users to wirelessly send audio and video to the screen. In order to do that, your iOS devices must be running iOS 12.3.
These features are available through a firmware update on your TV. You can expect support for the following models:
- Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018 & 2019)
- Samsung QLED 8K Q9 Series (2019)
- Samsung The Frame Series (2018 & 2019)
- Samsung The Serif Series (2019)
- Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018 & 2019)
iOS 12.3 also brings some other enhancements for AirPlay 2. These include:
- One-tap playback automatically plays your chosen TV show or movie on the last screen you used based on time and location
- Siri Suggestions to watch movies and TV shows now include an option to AirPlay
- Intelligent suggestions are all done on-device so your personal information stays private