An Amazon Echo is only as useful as the things you can do with it. Once you have unboxed your new smart speaker, use these 30 Amazon Echo tips and tricks to take full advantage of Alexa and all that she and your speaker can do together.
An Amazon Echo is a lot like a smartphone in that it gets new features all the time. That’s one reason you need these Amazon Echo tips. New features are added to the speaker without Amazon announcing them every few weeks. Did you know that a recent software update made it possible to stream music to an entire household of Echo speakers at the same time? These Amazon Echo tips teach you how to set up that feature and enable other options you don’t know about.
New features don’t just come with software updates either. Install new Alexa Skills and you can pair your Alexa with apps, services and accessories from your favorite companies. There are Alexa Skills for turning your Echo Show into a flashlight and a pizza delivery service. Skills for music services and radio stations give you a new way to stream music that isn’t on Amazon Prime Music. Pair your Echo with an Amazon Fire TV Stick, a camera and a smart home skill to see who is standing at your front door from your TV.
Get to know your new smart speaker with these Amazon Echo Tips. They will help you fully unlock everything that your Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Spot, Echo Show and Echo Plus can do.
30 Amazon Echo Tips & Tricks
- Turn Your Echo Into a Bluetooth Speaker
- Use Multiroom Audio to Fill a House with Sound
- Create Voice Profiles
- Change Your Echo’s Name to Computer
- Control Your Fire TV
- Ask Alexa to Repeat What She Said
- See What People Are Asking Alexa
- Subscribe to a Subscription Service
- Place Phone Calls to Landline Phones
- Get News Updates Throughout the Day
- Stream Footage from Your Camera
- Play Your Favorite Station by Name
- Turn Your Echo Into a Nightlight
- Use Routines
- Link to IFTTT
- Set Reminders & Timers
- Stream Spotify
- Open Specific Alexa Skills
- Adjust Volume Level with Voice
- Use Echo as an Intercom
- Order Things from Amazon
- Make Your Sound System Smart
- Obey Commands from Amazon Remote
- Buy New Music
- Lock Your Doors
- Give You the Weather Forecast
- Read You a Story
- Play Podcasts
- Mute Your Echo
- Take Charge of Your Lights
4 Reasons to Wait for the 2018 iMac, 3 Reasons Not To
Should you buy the iMac today, or should you wait for the 2018 iMac before you buy? The iMac is over...
8 Best iPhone XR Cases
The iPhone XR is a beautiful and colorful new iPhone that arrives this month. It’s coming alongside Apple’s first clear iPhone...