Bethesda’s Fallout Shelter 1.4 update brings new rooms, crafting, and improvements to the time of day to iPhone, iPad and Android users.
The developer is going to be extremely busy during the month of March as it has confirmed three huge releases for this month.
Bethesda just released a huge Fallout 4 update for PC that brings new items for settlements, bug fixes and support for the company’s upcoming DLC. It’s coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in the near future. Later on this month, the company will release its first Fallout 4 DLC, Automatron.
Today, the company has made another change to a Fallout game. Fallout Shelter has received a massive update and we want to highlight all of the important changes.
Fallout Shelter Update 1.4 Release Date
Bethesda’s new Fallout Shelter update is out today for iOS and Android users. A quick check on the App Store and Google Play Store reveals that it’s now live for both platforms.
— Fallout (@Fallout) March 3, 2016
If you need to free up a bit of space on your iPhone, iPad or Android device, now would be a great time to do so.
Fallout Shelter Update 1.4: What’s New
Bethesda advertised the Fallout Shelter 1.4 update as its biggest update yet. It’s hard to argue with that assessment.
The new Fallout Shelter update delivers some impressive changes to the game including a fifth bonus card in lunchboxes, a new crafting system that allows you to turn junk into items you can use, brand new rooms, and a new Barbershop that allows you to customize the look of your settlers.
Here is the full list of changes coming in this week’s update:
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Bethesda notes that many more features and changes are on the way. The 1.4 update, it seems, is just the beginning for the company’s mobile game. Not surprising given that it has between 10,000,000 – 50,000,000 installs on Android alone.
Chem Redux is an extremely popular Fallout 4 mod for PC that changes the look of the chems your character consumes on a regular basis.
Bethesda's vanilla chems look great but I'm enjoying this developer's take on stimpacks, Buffout, Psycho, and more. The new skins look like they belong in the game.
It's an excellent mod and one that would look and feel great on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Here's to hoping it gets ported at some point down the road.
For more, take a look at the video below.