With this mod enabled Vault 98 becomes a settlement with working vendors, supply lines and settlers.
Vault 98 - Standalone Settlement brings a ton of new functionality and it also brings some brand new items to Fallout 4.
- A whole new Vault, originally based on Vault 81
- A vault gear door with working controls outside the vault (door closes whenever you leave the vault)
- Unique Vault 98 textures
- A craftable Vault generator that provides 200 power, and a smaller version that provides 100 power
- A craftable water source that can be placed anywhere and provides 20 water
- Vault 98 Jumpsuit, located in the workbench container (Ballistic Weave can be applied)
- Vault 98 security armor, located in the workbench container (Ballistic Weave can be applied)
- Reworked Vault 111 elevator (it now works as a normal door, skipping the slow animation)
- Fully Nav-meshed
- Vault announcements on the Vault Door Controls, and both the exterior and interior elevators.
- Custom numbered sliding doors like the ones in Fallout 3/New Vegas
- Custom Exit Zone sliding doors as seen in Fallout 3/New Vegas
That's a pretty big haul and one worth looking at if you're looking to expand your settlement count in the Commonwealth.
Vault 98 is located at Fairline Hill Estates which is a small suburb that was once home to a small settlement, now deserted.