You cannot go back to iOS 10 if you are fed up with iOS 11 problems or annoying iOS 11 features. Apple closed the ability to downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.3 in late 2017, but you can still downgrade to an earlier version of iOS 11. You can currently downgrade from iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4, but no lower.
Even though Apple doesn’t list this officially, you can downgrade from one version of iOS 11 to another version for a limited time. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes and you can restore to a backup after you finish it.
Typically this period lasts at least a week, but Apple has been more diligent in closing downgrades in 2018 so it may not last very long. Apple checks to see if the software you are trying to install is still supported before completing the installation, so this is an essential step.
How to Downgrade iOS 11.4.1 to iOS 11.4
This will show you how to go back to an earlier version of iOS 11 from the latest iOS 11 version which is iOS 11.4.1. You cannot downgrade to iOS 11, iOS 10 or to iOS 9.
Use this guide to backup your iPhone if you aren’t already doing so.
Download the iOS 11.4 update for your iPhone or iPad. You will need to plug your iPhone into a computer to downgrade and you will need to download the file to your computer to install it on your device. You cannot downgrade over the air.
Go to this website and download iOS 11.4 for your specific iPhone or iPad model. Make sure the row is still green. If it is not green, you can no longer downgrade and should stop.
Turn off Find My iPhone on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings -> tap on your name at the top of settings -> Tap on iCloud -> Tap on Find My iPhone -> Toggle off. When prompted enter your password.
At this point you should have your iPhone backed up, your iPhone connected to your computer and the iOS 11.4 ipsw file on your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone in the iTunes menu.
- Click on the Restore iPhone button using a special click. On Mac hold alt/option when you click and on PC hold Shift when you click.
- In the window that opens, find the iOS 11 file you just downloaded and click on it and then click open.
- When prompted, choose to erase and restore your iPhone. Click Restore to begin this process.
- Over the next 15 to 30 minutes your iPhone will restart multiple times and then when it is done you will be back on iOS 11.4. From here you can restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup and get going or you can start fresh.
15 Cool Things AirPods Can Do
Here’s a look at the cool things the AirPods can do. We’re going to help you learn about all the AirPods...
Which HP Spectre x360 to Buy
The HP Spectre x360 is one of the best HP laptops that you can buy, but it can be tough to...