There are over 200 new features in iOS 6, but you won’t care about every change Apple made.
Apple highlights the top iOS 6 features, but there are many more iOS 6 features that Apple silently announced.
These “hidden” iOS 6 features are features you’ll actually use and care about. Check out the
40 iOS 6 Features You’ll Actually Use
- FaceTime over 3G and 4G – Make FaceTime calls over cellular connections.
- Facebook Integration – Share photos to Facebook from Photos app and Like Apps.
- Maps- New maps with traffic and 3D flyover mode.
- Calls – Slide to answer a call or slide up to reply with a message & remind you to call back later.
- Passbook – Your digital wallet for loyalty cards, Amtrak, United, hotel reservations and more.
- Lost Mode – Send a phone number to whoever found your lost iPhone to get a call.
- Turn by Turn Directions – Voiceguided turn by turn directions with GPS on the iPhone 4S.
- Open Apps with Siri – Siri can now open apps with your voice.
- VIP Inbox – Tell Mail who your important contacts are so you never miss an email.
- Siri – Check sports scores, movie times and make restaurant reservations.
- Instant Sharing to Facebook and Twitter – Notification Center lets you share direct to Facebook and Twitter.
- Better Sharing Menu – When Sharing, you’ll see a new icon driven sharing menu.
- Autocorrection for Every Keyboard – Support for autocorrect on all software keyboards.
- Location Based Reminders for iPad – The iPad will no support reminders based on location, may be limited to cellular models.
- Manual Location Entry for Reminders – No longer need GPS to set a location reminder, type in an address.
- VoiceOver Improvements – Better accessibility features from VoiceOver for visually impaired users.
- Personal Dictionary in the Cloud – sync personalized spellings and autocorrections of names across iPhone and iPad.
- Do Not Disturb – Set the iPhone to prevent calls and notifications from waking you at night, but still allow special callers.
- Per Account Signatures in Mail – One signature for work email, one for personal.
- Game Center Challenges – Brag about your high score and issue challenges to friends.
- Game Center Friends from Facebook – Pull your Facebook friends into games.
- Manual Reorder of Reminders – Change the order of reminders to match your priorities.
- Improved Privacy Controls – More granular control over your personal data. Turn location control off by app.
- Custom Vibrations for Alerts – Already available in iOS 5, expect new features.
- Features for China – Baidu, Sina Weibo, Tudou, Youku, Better text input, dictionary
- Video stabilization : Stabilizes iPhone and iPad video, which are often shaky.
- Shared Photostreams- Make and share albums in PhotoStream. Easily share the right photos with specific friends and family members in near real-time. Also includes comments and notifications.
- App in Safari Search Results – See app store search results in the Safari search results.
- Full Screen Landscape Support in Safari – See more of the web while browsing in landscape on the iPhone.
- HDR Improvements – Better performance and results for HDR photo taking.
- Made for iPhone Hearing Aids – Apple certified hearing aids that will work specifically with the iPhone and iPad.
- Improved Accessibility Controls – Lock settings and lock the home button to keep kids out of settings they don’t need to touch.
- French, German and Spanish Dictionaries – Multiple language dictionaries now in iOS 6.
- Alarm with Song – Wake up with your favorite music in iOS 6.
- Redesigned Stores – Better looking mobile stores with Coverflow.
- In App Bluetooth Pairing – No longer need to leave the app to set up your Bluetooth headphones
- Eyes Free – A new Siri button for Siri in-car integration with upcoming support for BMW, GM, Mercedes, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, Chrysler and Honda
- Location Based Alerts for Find My Friends- Get an alert when kids leave school and more.
- Safari Browser Syncing – Continue browsing sessions on the iPad after starting in your computer or the iPhone.
iOS 6 will arrive this fall with the iPhone 5. The iOS 6 beta is available today for users willing to pay for a chance to try the latest Apple software.