Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors: 5.5-Inch Display, Galaxy S III Design, September Release Date

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 rumors have once again picked up and it appears that that the device will indeed be coming with a massive 5.5-inch display and a design similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy S III. It also appears that the Galaxy Note 2 release date may have been moved from October to September.

According to GSMArena, the Galaxy Note is in the works and the device will apparently sport that 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display that we’ve heard about in the past. Previous rumors pegged the device as having a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with 1680 x 1050 resolution. It has also been rumored to have a flexible OLED display although that was not touched on today.

The original Samsung Galaxy Note sports a 5.3-inch AMOLED display.

In addition, it looks as though the Galaxy Note 2 will also come with a design similar to the nature-inspired Samsung Galaxy S III that the company launched back in May of this year. If true, expect a device with a lot of curves.

The Galaxy Note 2 release date might come in September.

We expect that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will use a dual-core 1.7 GHz or higher Exynos CPU with 1.5GB of RAM and 4G LTE connectivity for U.S. models. The Galaxy Note 2 will almost also assuredly include special software that uses the S-Pen and includes some of the software features from the new Galaxy S III.

We also expect the device to launch with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as its operating system.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date

The Galaxy Note 2 could be a massive Galaxy S III.

The report also claims that the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been bumped up from October to September. The reason? Apple’s iPhone 5, which is rumored to be coming during the month of October.

With a September launch, Samsung would avoid any collision with an iPhone 5 launch date. It could also snag some customers who were on the fence about buying the new iPhone 5.

Read: Samsung Galaxy Note Review.

The Galaxy Note includes the S-Pen, an accessory that delivers handwriting and other functions to the phone, a feature which Apple cannot match with the iPhone 4S, and no iPhone 5 rumors point towards the same type of stylus functionality offered by the Note.

Comments

1. Dan says

I’ve been holding out for the right phone to come along
    before I replace my old Infuse.

The Galaxy Note II is it.
    Awesome.

2. Harvey says

Hope this is true Im hoping Verizon steps up and not let AT&T get this again. Can you hear me now Verizon. GOOD

• Eric says

$20 says VZW will screw up again and not give us the phones we ACTUALLY want. The Note 2 is the one. Gotta have it. Though the LG Optimus Vu probably has a brighter screen. Wassup with Samsung and their stupid green screens? Everyone raves about the screens, but no one seems to have actually compared a web page with white on it – or an eBook, perhaps, with a white background, between an HTC phone and ANY newer Samsung phone. Samsung SUCKS. HTC is far easier to read. But… I’ll prolly get the Note 2. We’ll see if the Vu actually shows up around the same time, as I’d like to compare them. I have big hands so no issues there for me. The Chinese must hate these things… ;)

3. Cloudsplitter says

If Verizon announces it, I’d pre-order one today. That said Verizon has been amazingly STUPID in their phone adoption and rollout, perhaps because they feel like they have the upper hand on coverage and can offer people inferior phones. The Galaxy S3 is a good start but is limited becuase not everyone wants a white or blue phone. Just please hear we the consumer who want to switch to your service, and stop being wimps becuase you have good coverage.

4. Nick says

Any idea if this is a US launch in Sept you’re talking about or a Europe/Asia release date?

5. MichaelT says

Everytime i see anything posted about the Galaxy Note 2 I start smiling hoping to see that it will end up at Sprint,,, Call me crazy but i just wont leave Sprint, and if they announce that they are getting this phone, i am ready to pre-order 2 of them.

6. iphone 5 news says

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I¡¯m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I¡¯m thinking about setting up my own but I¡¯m not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks